Disembarking in Ports of call- Time-wise.

AndyPandy

Can you tell me about how long it can typically take to disembark in the ports of call.

I am thinking re docked not tender ports focus on Northern European and Norwegian ports of call.

So when it shows port arrival time, such as 9am, how quickly would you expect to be able to get off? I know there is a pecking order of ship tours, and say The Key, but what about suites? Do concierge assist with priority disembarking when your docked? ( again no tender ports).

Would it ever be worth a suite guest to also have the Key, when say suites get internet already and priority embarkation at the start of the itinerary. 

In general, if you are docked, disembarking will go very fast.  You just scan your Sea Pass card and walk off.  There may be a long line of people waiting to get off but once it starts moving, it is continuous.  The ship is generally going to be docked well before the listed time but the ship has to get cleared by the local authorities before passengers can disembark.  The listed time is when they expect this process to be complete (and it usually is) but it can be earlier or later.  If you are worried about getting to an excursion on time, remember that the companies offering those excursions are used to dealing with cruise ships.  They usually don't combine groups from different ships or combine cruisers with non-cruisers.  Therefore, your tour guide will be waiting for a group from your specific ship.

I don't believe suites get any special treatment at docked ports.

10 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

In general, if you are docked, disembarking will go very fast.  You just scan your Sea Pass card and walk off.  There may be a long line of people waiting to get off but once it starts moving, it is continuous.  The ship is generally going to be docked well before the listed time but the ship has to get cleared by the local authorities before passengers can disembark.  The listed time is when they expect this process to be complete (and it usually is) but it can be earlier or later.  If you are worried about getting to an excursion on time, remember that the companies offering those excursions are used to dealing with cruise ships.  They usually don't combine groups from different ships or combine cruisers with non-cruisers.  Therefore, your tour guide will be waiting for a group from your specific ship.

I don't believe suites get any special treatment at docked ports.

Thank you.