Cancelled Royal Caribbean excursion refund question

Eva

Hi everyone, I booked and prepaid weeks in advance for an excursion I cancelled 4 days prior while on the ship in question. Where should my refund go? Original card or sea pass account? Also, how upset would you be if it was refunded to the sea pass account of the person you sailed with? Not a spouse fyi. A person I have no financial partnership with.  Im curious how upset I should be. Also, my post cruise financial statement was sent to someone I cruised with 6 months ago and also have no financial partnership with. So now this friend, or even former friend or former spouse etc., has info on everything I did.  What do you all think I should do?

If you cancelled the excursion while already on the ship, the refund probably would have gone back as refundable OBC, which if not used during the cruise towards onboard purchase balance, would have then been refunded after the cruise to the original form of payment. The OBC may have been accidentally assigned to someone else in the room and gone towards their account balance, which could have been resolved by going to Guest Services onboard. There are several ways to check balances - on the app, on your stateroom tv (depending on ship) and asking GS for your balance to-date.

You might be able to call RC and ask them to re-send the final statement to the correct email address. Or contact the person who did receive the statement and ask them to forward it to you. If you think your refund was sent to whoever you sailed with, you should ask if their statement showed the refund and if so, ask them to reimburse you.