Family snorkeling in Roatan/cave tubing in belize

melski94

I've been looking at private excursions in both Roatan and Belize.  We have 4 kids 17, 13, 10 and 5.  BTW, all my kids are good swimmers and I'd bring my own gear from the younger 2.  I've been doing some research on Roatan snorkeling and it seems that I could go to West End and try to snorkel off the beach there but it may be crowded.  Now I'm looking at private snorkeling companies that would take us out in a small groups.  Any companies that you'd recommend? 

Now for Belize, cave tubing.bz is the only one with 40"height requirement that would work for us.  Any experience with this company?  I worry about doing a tender port with a private company.  Is the cave tubing worth the stress and long drive?

We did the cave tubing and zip line through the cruise line (Princess). We are not shy about doing private excursions, but tendering plus long drive made the extra few dollars worth it.if it is the same location, the cave tubing was beautiful but it is a relatively crowded venue. Not so much inside the cave, they do a good job spacing the groups, but they move a lot of people through. Same with the zip line course. It was the best course we have ever done (truly in the canopy of the dense jungle) but they move you through it fast! Lunch was fantastic!

Thanks.  I'd prefer to do it through Royal but their tours have a minimum age of 8 and my youngest is 5.  I think depending on location, the government sets a minimum height and Royal then sets a minimum age but I did find one without a minimum age or height that I've seen reviews for.  I'm not seeing any other tours that excite us in Belize but not sure if its worth the stress of making it back (not to mention the cost of 3 ports times 6 people).  We may just stick to a quiet day on the ship and then do something in Cozumel.

I'm looking at Clearwater Adventures for snorkeling in Roatan.  They seem to get good reviews.  

I've been looking at private excursions in both Roatan and Belize.  We have 4 kids 17, 13, 10 and 5.  BTW, all my kids are good swimmers and I'd bring my own gear from the younger 2.  I've been doing some research on Roatan snorkeling and it seems that I could go to West End and try to snorkel off the beach there but it may be crowded.  Now I'm looking at private snorkeling companies that would take us out in a small groups.  Any companies that you'd recommend? 

Now for Belize, cave tubing.bz is the only one with 40"height requirement that would work for us.  Any experience with this company?  I worry about doing a tender port with a private company.  Is the cave tubing worth the stress and long drive?

My wife and I did cave tubing in Belize and used cave.tubing.bz.  We took some friends with us as well and they had 7 year old triplets at the time.  The man who owns the company is VERY SERIOUS about making sure you get back in time for the ship.  The drive didn't feel long because it was interesting with a lot to see.  Belize is very 3rd world, but it was still really neat to see.  The cave tubing and hike through the jungle were great.  They take REALLY good care of you and pay extra attention to the kids.  Your tubes will be connected to your kid's tubes.  I would say to definitely use this company!  By the way, the lunch and rum punch on the way back to the ship, are GREAT!  Let me know if you have more questions!