Recommendations what to do at Charlotte Amalie?

Chimo2u

I've booked a excursion for St Marteen, and have that all settled. I have no idea what to do in Charlotte Amalie? There are 4 of us in my family, all adults (our boys are 30/26) ....What do you recommend for this Port of call? I was hoping for maybe a ATV tour or something where we could drive our own jeeps/etc.... but looks like that is all in St. Marten.

Charlotte Amalie is looking to be a boring port, and all the Trunk Bay excursions on the ship are sold out so we are out of luck on that one. I've heard Megans Bay is over crowded, but I've never been so if you have and enjoyed it please chime in 🙂

Thanks for any input!

We always go to Magen’s Bay when in St Thomas. I suppose you could say this is our favorite place. I have never thought of it as being to crowded. We take a taxi it’s open air and pay the entrance fee and stay at least half day. Our taxi driver was there waiting on us at the time we requested for return to ship, so we didn’t need to find a taxi for the trip back to ship. If you have never been it’s a must. In April we had 7 that went. Everyone enjoyed it the kids are all between 31 and 26. Water is so clear you can see what is around you. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2022 at 5:24 PM, Cruisin and Boozin said:

We always go to Magen’s Bay when in St Thomas. I suppose you could say this is our favorite place. I have never thought of it as being to crowded. We take a taxi it’s open air and pay the entrance fee and stay at least half day. Our taxi driver was there waiting on us at the time we requested for return to ship, so we didn’t need to find a taxi for the trip back to ship. If you have never been it’s a must. In April we had 7 that went. Everyone enjoyed it the kids are all between 31 and 26. Water is so clear you can see what is around you. 

Thanks for your recommendation. We booked the excursion with RCCL, it states that you can be let off for shopping on the way back to ship, but return to ship is on your own dime. I'm not too sure we will do that ,but we will do the swimming/beach break 🙂