Passport validity

Hi,

I have booked a cruise departing from Southampton UK to the Norwegian Fjords. I just realized that my passport is expiring in exact 5 months and 29 days taking the last day of the cruise as counting point. So if we go by the months I have 6 months validity, if we go by the exact number I do not have that validity. Will this be a problem? Will I be denied boarding?

Thanks in advance.

@Simon Bolivar Welcome to the blogs! You should be okay. Per the US state department, Norway is party to the Schengen Agreement. This means US citizens may enter Norway for up to 90 days for tourist or business purposes without a visa. (The UK is also in this agreement) Your passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the period of stay. RC uses the 6 month window as a blanket statement since other countries that they visit do require 6 months (mainly Asian countries and some in South America). I have never seen a port agent scrutinize any of our expiration dates on our passports. 

What Norway Sailing are you on? I'm headed there July 8th this year.

@GregD I just checked with RC and I got mixed feelings more or less they said "if you meet the destination requirements then you should be OK to board". From what I see from visacentral. I just need a "valid passport or national id card" not specified the validity period of it. Fingers crossed, cause its just matter of 3 days literally. I am also heading on the 8th July from Southampton.

18 hours ago, Simon Bolivar said:

@GregD I just checked with RC and I got mixed feelings more or less they said "if you meet the destination requirements then you should be OK to board". From what I see from visacentral. I just need a "valid passport or national id card" not specified the validity period of it. Fingers crossed, cause its just matter of 3 days literally. I am also heading on the 8th July from Southampton.

good luck, see you on board in 3 weeks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of interest - how did this work out for you? I have a similar problem with a Wonder of the Seas Cruise later this month from Barcelona - passport is less than 10 years old and validity greater than three months so meets the Schengen requirements but expires in December. When I checked in on line there was a pop up that simply said we recommend your passport has more than six months validity but it did not say anything else and there is a green tick on travel info on my check in.