Spa options through Costco

We purchased a cruise package through Costco, which includes a spa treatment. On the fine print, it states: "One Spa experience for guests 1 and 2, per stateroom. Choose from 3 rejuvenating experiences to enjoy: La Therapie hydrolift facial, Swedish massage or reflexology including massage. Please see Spa Manager once you board to make your appointment. Spa experience only available on port days."

We're sailing on Quantum in a few weeks and plan to go right to the spa when we board to book the treatment, especially because we are limited with the times. I'm also looking on the Royal Caribbean website to get more info about the treatments and am having trouble finding anything about some of them. They definitely list and offer the Swedish massage. However, I don't see anything about reflexology massages (which I think would be a foot massage), and while there are facials I don't see anything specifically called the "La Therapie hydrolift." From searching on Google it seems like La Therapie is just the name of a moisturizer/lotion/cream that I suppose would be used for the facial. 

Has anyone else booked with Costco and can share what they ended up getting? Or are there any Royal spa experts out there who might know what all of this means? Also, does anyone know if you can potentially use the package while at sea during a port day? One one port day we leave at 5:00pm, and on another we don't get into the port until 4:00pm, so I'm wondering if the ship has to physically be in port or if any time on a port day counts.

• 6 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 2:27 PM, ChanaC said:

We purchased a cruise package through Costco, which includes a spa treatment. On the fine print, it states: "One Spa experience for guests 1 and 2, per stateroom. Choose from 3 rejuvenating experiences to enjoy: La Therapie hydrolift facial, Swedish massage or reflexology including massage. Please see Spa Manager once you board to make your appointment. Spa experience only available on port days."

We're sailing on Quantum in a few weeks and plan to go right to the spa when we board to book the treatment, especially because we are limited with the times. I'm also looking on the Royal Caribbean website to get more info about the treatments and am having trouble finding anything about some of them. They definitely list and offer the Swedish massage. However, I don't see anything about reflexology massages (which I think would be a foot massage), and while there are facials I don't see anything specifically called the "La Therapie hydrolift." From searching on Google it seems like La Therapie is just the name of a moisturizer/lotion/cream that I suppose would be used for the facial. 

Has anyone else booked with Costco and can share what they ended up getting? Or are there any Royal spa experts out there who might know what all of this means? Also, does anyone know if you can potentially use the package while at sea during a port day? One one port day we leave at 5:00pm, and on another we don't get into the port until 4:00pm, so I'm wondering if the ship has to physically be in port or if any time on a port day counts.

Did you also get a meal at a specialty restaurant from Costco?  Were you able to book it through the app or did you have to wait to get onboard?  Thanks!

I have booked 2 upcoming trips thru Costco Travel. One with RCL and the other with HAL.  The RCL trip only came with Costco Shop card (but it was $340).  The HAL trip, I got "The best deal ever" promotion plus the Costco Shop card ($310). The Best deal ever promo has/had pre-paid gratuities, deluxe drinks package, one night specialty restaurant, $100 OBC, $100 excursion credit and deluxe Wifi for two.

23 hours ago, FSUFAN said:

I have booked 2 upcoming trips thru Costco Travel. One with RCL and the other with HAL.  The RCL trip only came with Costco Shop card (but it was $340).  The HAL trip, I got "The best deal ever" promotion plus the Costco Shop card ($310). The Best deal ever promo has/had pre-paid gratuities, deluxe drinks package, one night specialty restaurant, $100 OBC, $100 excursion credit and deluxe Wifi for two.

Was that for RC with Costco?  Can you share the details?

19 hours ago, Dr. Facilier said:

Was that for RC with Costco?  Can you share the details?

The Holland America Line cruise had all the perks plus the Shop card and 5% back using my Costco Visa.

The RCL cruise really offered nothing more than the Shop Card from Costco. But I was booking 4 cabins for Mrs Fan and my 3 grown kids/spouses.  I gave them a "rebate" on the cost as dad keeps the cards and gets the 5% back with the Costco Visa.

I've been tracking RCL trips and sales for not quite a year and they really don't seem to offer any extra special perks.  I know near everyone on this board thinks that they are somehow the best bang for the buck, but I have not seen it yet. Again, for families, it is a great cruise option with all the onboard stuff.  I just don't see this great value with RCL for 2 people in their mid-sixties. 

The HAL cruise on the Rotterdam to Norway is about the same price as our RCL Quantum cruise to Alaska. The perks that HAL is offering is crushing RCL. In my conservative cost estimate, the HAL perks add up to around $1,500 to $1,600 in extras. 

RCL has run the 30% off (sometimes it the "up to $550" off) and kids sail free promo for months on end now. No value for me as our kids are grown. Again, I have been tracking RCL costs for less than a year, but so far nothing has been an extraordinary discount in my opinion.