Back to Back Excursions in Pisa

Hi all!

We have an upcoming cruise on the Wonder. My sister and brother in law want to do two excursions. The first is Pisa City Sights. The cruise planner says it ends at 1:30 PM. The next is a Farmhouse experience that says it starts at 2 PM. Has anyone done back to back excursions like this? Do you think they are setting themselves up for stress?

16 minutes ago, lilybelle527 said:

Hi all!

We have an upcoming cruise on the Wonder. My sister and brother in law want to do two excursions. The first is Pisa City Sights. The cruise planner says it ends at 1:30 PM. The next is a Farmhouse experience that says it starts at 2 PM. Has anyone done back to back excursions like this? Do you think they are setting themselves up for stress?

I was in Pisa in the early 80's.  Don't know if you can still go up to the top of the Leaning Tower (which is a structure for the church bells).  Visiting the tower was one of the many things I had in my "bucket list".  I was so happy and I did get to climb it to the top.  It really felt like it was going to fall over.  

12 hours ago, lilybelle527 said:

Hi all!

Personally I wouldn't do it. I like to take more than one excursion sometimes, but I always leave at least an hour between them. Often the return times are a bit "soft", especially in a big city with traffic. If they are mentally prepared for maybe missing the second, and can roll with it, then they can chance it. But it will be stressful.

46 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Personally I wouldn't do it. I like to take more than one excursion sometimes, but I always leave at least an hour between them. Often the return times are a bit "soft", especially in a big city with traffic. If they are mentally prepared for maybe missing the second, and can roll with it, then they can chance it. But it will be stressful.

I can personally verify that.  On Brand X I was on an excursion that came back to the ship more than 2 hours late.  Thankfully, I purchased the excursion from the cruise line and they had no choice (some exceptions apply) but to wait on us.  I don't think a follow-on excursion would provide the same courtesy, especially if others are on the excursion and waiting on you and your party.  They'd leave you and probably not offer an refund and I doubt that the excursion company that cause you to be late to the other excursion would provide you any relief for it either (unless they are the same company (possibly)),