PCR test from Bridgetown port.

Hello it is required to show the PCR test on the day of embarkation from the port of  Bridgetown? I will have taken the PCR test on March 2 in Milan on March 3 I will be at Barbados, so on March 6 the test will have expired and therefore my question is whether it is possible to embark or not by doing only the antigen test scheduled in front of the port.I wanted to visit Barbados arriving 3 days before the embark day (march 6) but if I have to take a new PCR test I arrive the day before.(march 5).

Quick in the sense that your are 50 feet from the testing area to the ship, yet it feels 10 miles away.  You know someone is going to flunk the test and you just hope it's not you and your party.  We came in same day, so it was a lonnggggg time to get to the gangway.  

hi....we are canadians leaving on grandeur from barbados in march. we really need to know how we get a pcr to come home to canada. we heard ship doesnt test anymore but no one knows about a testing centre happening on the pier like in the US ports. also thinking about switch pcr test kit but some people say they are not getting accepted by canada border agents. any news or advice

On 2/2/2022 at 2:19 PM, scousergirl said:

hi....we are canadians leaving on grandeur from barbados in march. we really need to know how we get a pcr to come home to canada. we heard ship doesnt test anymore but no one knows about a testing centre happening on the pier like in the US ports. also thinking about switch pcr test kit but some people say they are not getting accepted by canada border agents. any news or advice

Im going in March as well. As far as I know, you get a free pcr test on board.,

On 1/30/2022 at 9:16 PM, pasquale Tarricone said:

Hello it is required to show the PCR test on the day of embarkation from the port of  Bridgetown? I will have taken the PCR test on March 2 in Milan on March 3 I will be at Barbados, so on March 6 the test will have expired and therefore my question is whether it is possible to embark or not by doing only the antigen test scheduled in front of the port.I wanted to visit Barbados arriving 3 days before the embark day (march 6) but if I have to take a new PCR test I arrive the day before.(march 5).

You will need a antigen test as far as I know to board the ship. But a PCR to disembark... I think

On 2/8/2022 at 1:14 PM, pasquale Tarricone said:

Edmund, the Royal Caribbean  staff   gives us  a free antigen test at embark and at disembark to enter in Barbados again,the PCR test is needed just when we land in airport.

ok, so on b2b cruises , you do NOT need a pcr test to re-board the ship?  I hope this is true and can be verified!  I want to spend beach days in Barbados in between my 4 cruises!

On 2/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, Edmund said:

Im going in March as well. As far as I know, you get a free pcr test on board.,

5 minutes ago, Edmund said:

ok, so on b2b cruises , you do NOT need a pcr test to re-board the ship?  I hope this is true and can be verified!  I want to spend beach days in Barbados in between my 4 cruises!

On 2/2/2022 at 2:19 PM, scousergirl said:

switch is $160 CAD. But I dont think you need it . Royal will give you the PCR test to return home.  You need a Travel antigen test to fly to barbados(pcr)  Im going to Wallmart $16.99 CAD

3 hours ago, Edmund said:

switch is $160 CAD. But I dont think you need it . Royal will give you the PCR test to return home.  You need a Travel antigen test to fly to barbados(pcr)  Im going to Wallmart $16.99 CAD

I stand corrected. PCR tests are expensive. Wallmart tests are antigen ONLY.  You are going to have to find a lab at the lowest price. I am in Toronto, and most of them are $150 24 hour wait   Rapid gets crazy pricing 250 and up

On 1/30/2022 at 9:16 PM, pasquale Tarricone said:

Go to the Barbados Government site to see the protocols. You may have an exemption.   PCR IS 72 HOURS.