Library on board.

Bandboxer

I never did make it to the library on Navigator recently but then I had my kindle and some audio books too so there was never really an urgent need. However discussing books to read with one of the other passengers on deck one of the days he was telling me that the library was predominantly for people playing scrabble and other board games too and further that the selection of books was pretty poor anyway with some books not in the English language.

There may well be a time on another cruise when I am out of reading material and want to find something good to read. Has anyone found the libraries on board worth visiting assuming you are not a fan of scrabble that is or are the books there only those that other cruisers choose to leave behind?

The only thing I recall about the libraries was that someone had written a book along the lines of "How to Get Ahead With Salesforce" (or some other customer relationship manager software) that they must have been really proud of as they left a half dozen copies on board.

None looked like they had been read, or even opened.

I think libraries are largely a thing of there past. The ones I've seen have been gutted of books and largely just have a few passengers have left behind to share. At one time, the were like a mini city library with a librarian to check books in and out and had a good selection of books on your destination.

Have Kindle, will travel. I always bring my Kindle. Furthermore, it's always loaded with thrillers and mysteries that take place on a cruise ship. Amazing how inaccurate many of those books are. Still, it adds to my fun.

I'll have to pick your brain sometime, iv been planing on a thread asking what 'cruise books' people recomend.

I really liked 'The cats table' and am now enjoying 'Dead wake'. Soon I think I will try 'Murder on the lusitania' or some ocean liner history books like 'The only way to cross'

I'll have to pick your brain sometime, iv been planing on a thread asking what 'cruise books' people recomend.

I really liked 'The cats table' and am now enjoying 'Dead wake'. Soon I think I will try 'Murder on the lusitania' or some ocean liner history books like 'The only way to cross'

Here's a list:

CRUISE SHIP MYSTERIES (YA) Deadline by Eric Weiner (YA) Mystery Cruise by Gertrude Chandler Warner A Clutch of Constables by Ngaio Marsh A First Class Murder by Elliot Roosevelt Birds of Passage Bernice Rubens (not quite a mystery but interesting) Birds of Prey by J.A. Jance Board Stiff by Tony Alexander Buzz Cut - James Hall Charlie Chan Carries On by Earl Derr Biggers Cooks Overboard - Joanne Pence Damned in Paradise - Max Allen Collins Dana Chambers' THE BLONDE DIED FIRST Death in a Deck Chair - K.K. Beck (1984) Death in the Middle Watch by Leo Bruce Death on the Nile - Agatha Christie Death Takes a Passage - Sue Henry Decked by Carol Higgins Clark Don’t Blame the Snake by Tony Fennelly Inspector's Holiday by Richard Lockridge Jane Heller: PRINCESS CHARMING Killed in Paradise - William DeAndrea Lori Avocato: DEEP SEA DEAD Maddy Hunter: HULA DONE IT Murder in Absence by Vincent Starrett Murder on "B" Deck by Vincent Starrett Murder on Deck - (ed.) Rosemary Herbert Murder Sails at Midnight - Marian Babson Nancy Fairbanks: BON BON VOYAGE Nancy J. Cohen: KILLER KNOTS  Night Train to Memphis - Elizabeth Peters No Honeymoon for Death - Mary Kruger Nobody Cared for Kate by Gene Thompson Risk by Dick Francis Several Deaths Later by Ed Gorman Shelley Freydont: HIGH SEAS MURDER Singing in the Shrouds - Ngaio Marsh Susan Sussman: CRUISING FOR MURDER The Angels Will Not Care - John Straley The Case of Sonia Wayward by Michael Innes The Cruise of a Deathtime - Marian Babson The Fennister Affair by Josephine Bell The Goddess Affair by Lillian O'Donnell  The Informant - James Grippando The Midas Murders - Margot Arnold The Patient in Cabin C by Mignon Eberhart The Trouble with Going Home- Camilla Crespi The Widow's Cruise by Nicholas Blake To Davy Jones Below by Carola Dunn  Too Much of Water - Bruce Hamilton Voyage into Violence by Frances and Richard Lockridge You Belong to Me - Mary Higgins Clark