GOOD Snorkel location Beach or Excursion plus a dive site

Fred321

I'm looking for a GOOD location to snorkel in 2 of the following locations

St Kitts, St John, Barbados, St Lucia, St Maarten

I dont want a Sand area, or dead area. I would like to see some corals and/or Fish-rays-turtles.

I have previously done the "fast Cat 2 Island" at St Thomas. It was awful, after loading we had to go over to a canival ship then load every seat on the cat. The snorkel location really sucked. mostly sand unless you went close to shore where everything was dead and bleached out, saw maybe a dozen fish swim away and 1 tiny turtle laying on the bottom at about 30' deep.

I have also  done the "3 Island" at St Maarten. That was a little better but not much. The 1st stop was OK a few fish and squid and a couple eels if you dropped to the bottom. the next 2 stops were a waste. Nothing but sand ( 2nd was more of a bathroom/outhouse stop for everyone)

Sadly the best snorkeling I had was on the beach next to the dock at St Croix, Fish, eels. starfish, squid in 6 feet of water

Sooo.. I'm hoping someone can suggest a couple of nice areas that are NOT bleached out/dead. Either excursion or beach/cab

I would also like a good scuba dive excursion suggestion. I have done one at St Kitts that wasnt too bad.