Solo in Main Dinning Room

RichardW

Hello,

Just joined the group and I really love it. So much useful information

I'm planning my cruise for next year on Allure. I'm a solo traveler but do want to meet new people. If I choose My Time dinning, can I be seated with a group of people or do I have to eat at the early/late sittings to be with a group.

I appreciate the help.

By default, My Time Dining guests are seated at their own tables.  You can request to share a table but then you have to hope you are dining at the same time as someone else who also make that request.  You could also make some friends around the ship and go to My Time Dining together.

By default, traditional dining (early/late seatings) guests are seated with others.  You can add a table size request to your reservation.  In general, Royal would not add a single person to a family's table because that might be awkward.  They would probably put you at a table with multiple couples or multiple solo travelers.  You can also request a table change if you end up not liking the people.  Based on personal experience, I think Royal also tries to group people by rough age ranges or cruise experience level.  (Example, I've never been seated with people my parent's age.)

3 hours ago, RichardW said:

Hello,

Just joined the group and I really love it. So much useful information

I'm planning my cruise for next year on Allure. I'm a solo traveler but do want to meet new people. If I choose My Time dinning, can I be seated with a group of people or do I have to eat at the early/late sittings to be with a group.

I appreciate the help.

On our cruise in September we had traditional early seating, requested a table with others, and ended up with just one guest.  We had delightful conversations all week long, and we were actually given a table by a window, first time for me in about 13 years.    We have also had an MTD experience in which we were placed at a table with others, but that seemed to be because of a shortage of wait staff.  It only occured on one or two nights.  So our experience has been consistent with the advice of @Atlantix2000 .