Limiting cabin charges

tonyw

We have a family cruise booked on Liberty in July. We have 4 cabins with linked reservations. I`m paying for the whole thing. We have on board credit for each cabin and my credit card will be on file.

Can I set a spending limit for each cabin? When we were on Carnival last year, their website lets you set up limits for each linked person. Very nice.

Does RCCL do anything like that?

No direct way that I know of  but if it is a family traveling together their is a few things you can do. Each cabin can be link to its own credit card, or you could cash deposit for the the cabins you want to limit. The cash would act as a limit. If you have children or those under 18 in the cabin another thing to consider would be adding drink packages (Soft drinks) so the kids could get drinks alone and then have no spending on those cabin cards. If you do not add a credit card or cash deposit the key card has no spending option. But children do not need to make purchases on board.

If we were taking our children and grandchildren on a cruise with us paying for the cruise, I would just let our children set up their own on board accounts for them and their children.  The cabin gets the on board credit so they will pay anything over that.  Placing a limit on their spending could lessen their enjoyment.