Next Cruise question

afulton67

While on a RCL cruise and you book your next cruise, I have seen the OBC is based on the lenght of your cruise and room type. Do they also match the amount of the deposit you put down on the cruise up to $500? I see they offer $50 OBC for a Inside/Outside for 5-7 nights. If I were to put down a $500 non-refundable deposit on a inside cabin for a 7 day cruise, how much OBC would I receive? I have heard that they match the amount of your deposit. Would the OBC $50 or $500 for my next cruise? Alan. 

Thank you for the response. Just to be clear you can not offer to put $500 deposit down to get $500 OBC? They tell you how much the deposit is based on your stateroom and length of stay? I am going to book four cruise in March and I am try to see if it is worth spending $700 on a 3 day cruise to visist the Next Cruise office and book those cruises. If I could put $500 down on each cruise to get $500 OBC that would be worth it to me. Alan.

The amount of deposit paid does not really matter. Even if you pay for the whole cruise the only credit you will get is the amount equal to the required deposit. If the required deposit is $50 you get a $50 credit. The credit and deposit also are controlled by the cabin class and length of the cruise. The only way you get a $500 OBC is to book a longer cruise (over 8 days) and a higher class cabin (IE Balcony Cabin, Suite, etc).

I also seem to remember that they have a limited on the number of cruises you can book per trip and get the OBC. I believe the limit is 2 or 3 cruises? Maybe another member can confirm the number? Really all that this program gets you is free deposits. Your minimum deposit amount is credit to your current ship account. So you leave the ship with what amounts to free deposits, as the deposits amounts are credited back to you. And then if you later cancel the cruise you loose nothing because they already refunded the deposit to your on ship account.