Fitness classes

The classes vary by ship.  Typically "zumba" classes are activities put on by the Cruise Director's staff and are free.  They're not always called "Zumba" as that name is trademarked and you have to be a licensed Zumba instructor to use the name.  I've actually been on ships where there were staff who were licensed Zumba instructors and vice verse.  On the ones without licensed instructors, the activity is usually called "Latin Fitness" or something of that nature.

The fitness classes offered in the fitness center are usually an up charge and you have to sign up in advance as space is limited.  Some of the ships I have been on offered spin class, but it's typically yoga or stretching classes.

9 hours ago, Norfolkhall said:

Hello once again does Jewel of the seas have fitness classes ie spinning zumba etc? Are they bookable and or chargeable? Thanks. 

On both small and large ships I have seen dance/exercise classes on the pool deck for free as stated by @Stephanie .  I have seen spinning classes advertised in the gym for an upcharge as she stated, too.  Never tried them.