Price of drinks / fresh squeezed juices

MichVa

I was recently on the Harmony of the Seas and was appalled that I was asked to pay $10 USF for a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.  Can you please confirm the prices for the drinks on the the cruise line?  Also I preferred the cans of pop so I am going again next year and would like to have this information so I can determine if a package is better than a la cart.  

Welcome to the message boards!

You were recently on Harmony and ships across the fleet will price beverages consistent with what you experienced on Harmony.

Drink prices on a cruise are pretty consistent with bar prices in hotels and bars in major cities.  To be fair I can see why ships can charge a premium.  It's at sea, everything has to be loaded and stored on board for days.  They have to drag hundreds of cases of each wine/beer/liquor around the ocean, etc. 

A hotel bar on land has lower operating costs, can pick up the phone and order more supplies that are delivered that day and has infinite variety available yet they charge the same as on a cruise ship.  Why do bars on land cost so much?  The truth is the two are probably related and have to do with what people are willing to spend.  Fresh squeezed orange juice always costs more than OJ made from concentrate.  

Thanks for your reply.  I hear what your saying about being on a ship.  I feel what we pay for the cruise should keep the prices realistic on the actual ship for pay services.   I can buy a bag of oranges for $5.00 and that would be at least 10 in the bag.  I really was caught off guard.  I did research before I left to do my homework on the RCCL site to see if it was better buying a package vs not.  I saw that the fresh squeezed oj was $4.95.  Of course I can't find the details now when I look for it.  The fact they doubled the price because you dont buy a drink package is concerning to me.