Kids club/ eating in kids club?

ellaper

Hi, 

I have a few questions about the kids club. 

Sailing on a 7 day cruise on October 21st on Oasis of the Seas. 

I have a 3 and a 5 year old that will be in  Aquanauts

and a 2 year old in Royal Tots. 

I read somewhere that Royal Caribbean a few days per cruise offer the kids to eat in the kids club. Does anyone now what days of the cruise this is and usually what time. 

Is that also valid for the Royal tots?

Any help is appreciated

There is a lunch option on sea port days and dinner option on most nights; unfortunately, this varies by ship and itinerary.  Don't expect much, though.  Dinner was limited to pepperoni or cheese pizza, french fries, and chocolate chip cookies.  There were no healthy options available.  As a result, we usually fed our son before taking him to the club and then eating in the MDR afterwards on a couple of nights.  Most nights, though, he ate an early dinner with us and then went to the kids club.

We were on a 12 night itinerary, so I was trying to limit the number of unhealthy meals he was eating.

Edited by DocLC
Correction: sea to port days

The meals are not actually served in the kids club (at least on the times my son did it), instead they "rope off" a corner of the windjammer and take the kids there.

As noted not all meals are available, I thought it was lunch only on port days and you have to pick up the kids at lunch time on sea days but I cant swear to it so Doc may be right on that one.

As noted the meals are a very limited menu basically pizzas, I think they had hot dogs/burgers as an option, fries with everything.

Our son really enjoys the MDR so he rarely partakes but when younger he would usually do it once or twice per cruise especially if he had made friends with other kids that were doing it.

The meals are not actually served in the kids club (at least on the times my son did it), instead they "rope off" a corner of the windjammer and take the kids there.

As noted not all meals are available, I thought it was lunch only on port days and you have to pick up the kids at lunch time on sea days but I cant swear to it so Doc may be right on that one.

As noted the meals are a very limited menu basically pizzas, I think they had hot dogs/burgers as an option, fries with everything.

Our son really enjoys the MDR so he rarely partakes but when younger he would usually do it once or twice per cruise especially if he had made friends with other kids that were doing it.

I meant to say on port days.  Thanks for catching that.  On sea days, the clubs are open 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10 without an additional fee.  If dinner is served, it is offered at 6 p.m. with a sign-up by 5:45.

On the Jewel, dinner was held in the Seaview Café; on the Brilliance, it was held most often in the "gold" section of the Windjammer.