I have been reading as much as I can (including this message board) and have watched a ton of YouTube videos but still have a few questions I can't seem to find.
We are going to the Western Caribbean next month on Liberty of the Seas out of Galveston.
1. For the specialty dining locations, I know there is a "up" charge for them, but does the food work the same way as the main dining room? For example, can I have 2 appetizers, 2 orders of Steak, and 3 desserts? Or is it Ala-carte or set menus?. I caught a glimpse of a video on the CHOPS steakhouse and was confused because it appeared to have some pricing next to some entrees and not by others.
2. We are getting to Soda package. Does that include the dining locations? I assume it does, but how does it work? Do we have to bring our issued cups? Do we just tell the waiter and he checks our cards? In the buffet, same question.
3. Cruise Cards. For the cards that they issue, do they need to swipe those at all of the locations...like Sorrentos or the main dining room? We are getting lanyards but did not know if they will need to come out of the plastic holders often.
4. Getting off the boat. I have read conflicting tales about this. I am parking the rental car literally across the street from the dock. If we haul our own luggage off the ship, how long does it take to debark? We have flights out of Houston at 2pm and I don't want to stress about that if possible.
5. Are all the restaurants available on the first day? If we get on the ship at say 10 am, is it possible to have all 3 meals or just 2....just 1?
Thanks, I am sure I will have more as we get closer.