How can I book Xcaret in park excursions before hand?

One Cruising Boi

We are sailing on Wonder in March 2024 and in Cozumel, we are looking to stop at Xcaret park (reservation is made through RC) however, we want to book things inside the park like swimming with dolphins, etc... but Xcaret needs a reservation number in order to do this which is not RC's reservation number. 

Has anyone made reservations for Xcaret activities beforehand and if so, how can I do this? 

If not, has anyone had issues making reservations day of arrival inside the park? We chose Xcaret over Xplor because of the wildlife encounters (particularly swimming with dolphins and swimming with stingrays) and would hate to get there day of and have it be sold out. 

You can purchase directly from Xcaret on their website (https://www.xcaret.com/es/?langRedirect=1) although it is so far away that you might want the security of the ship excursion to ensure you don't run into problems. 

However, you won't have a whole lot of time at the park itself. The place is huge. You'll have a rough ferry crossing that makes many people seasick, then additional land transportation, then limited time at the park, then the commute in reverse. I wonder if the Royal excursion gives you enough time to do the activities you are interested in?

We did a land vacation in Mexico a number of years ago and loved Xcaret, but we spent the whole day and only saw about half the park. And one of the best parts of the park IMO was the evening show, which you probably won't be able to see if you're coming from a cruise ship. 

I don't want to discourage you from booking if your heart is set on it, but there many cons to visiting during a cruise port stop - just so you are aware and won't be disappointed. Did you look at doing the animal encounters at Chankanaab?

10 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

You can purchase directly from Xcaret on their website (https://www.xcaret.com/es/?langRedirect=1) although it is so far away that you might want the security of the ship excursion to ensure you don't run into problems. 

However, you won't have a whole lot of time at the park itself. The place is huge. You'll have a rough ferry crossing that makes many people seasick, then additional land transportation, then limited time at the park, then the commute in reverse. I wonder if the Royal excursion gives you enough time to do the activities you are interested in?

We did a land vacation in Mexico a number of years ago and loved Xcaret, but we spent the whole day and only saw about half the park. And one of the best parts of the park IMO was the evening show, which you probably won't be able to see if you're coming from a cruise ship. 

I don't want to discourage you from booking if your heart is set on it, but there many cons to visiting during a cruise port stop - just so you are aware and won't be disappointed. Did you look at doing the animal encounters at Chankanaab?

Yeah I saw that you only really get about 4 hours in the park which is a shame -- the park looks really cool! I tried booking on their site but it requires a park reservation which is handled by RC and so I am not able to make an "in park" excursion (like stingray encounter). 

Thanks for the info on Chankanaab, had never heard of it and will look into it a bit more! Our main goal is to do a stingray encounter (hold, feed, etc) which seemed to be offered at Xcaret. There also seems to be Stingray Beach on Cozumel which might be good enough as well but was looking for others opinions!