Visa requirements

Hello All,

I'm hoping I can gain some information regarding what Visa's are required for a cruise I have booked for April 2024.

I am a UK Citizen, and the cruise I have booked sails from Singapore and visits Nha Trang, Hong Kong and Shaghai and I fly back to UK 3 days later.

I have contacted Royal Caribbean for some advise and they asked me to email CIBTvisas.  I received a response from this company who advised to check their website to understand Visa requirements for this itenary which I have done and apart from a Singapore arrival card, no other Visa's are required.  Can anyone on here advise whether this is correct?

I've seen on social media that Royal Caribbean will provide various forms to complete whilst on onboard.  

Any useful help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 10:05 PM, Chris Edgar said:

Hello All,

I'm hoping I can gain some information regarding what Visa's are required for a cruise I have booked for April 2024.

I am a UK Citizen, and the cruise I have booked sails from Singapore and visits Nha Trang, Hong Kong and Shanghai and I fly back to UK 3 days later.

I have contacted Royal Caribbean for some advise and they asked me to email CIBTvisas.  I received a response from this company who advised to check their website to understand Visa requirements for this itinerary which I have done and apart from a Singapore arrival card, no other Visa's are required.  Can anyone on here advise whether this is correct?

I've seen on social media that Royal Caribbean will provide various forms to complete whilst on onboard.  

Any useful help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I am going to answer step by step.

1.Singapore-no visa required(remember to do your SG Arrival Card)(Useful Link-Singapore Entry Requirements)

2.Nha Trang, Vietnam-no visa required too.(Useful Link-Vietnam Entry Requirements)

p.png

3.Hong Kong, China.

Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region(SAR) of China which has separate border controls.-no visa required(Useful Link-Hong Kong SAR Entry Requirements)

p.png

4.Shanghai,China

China is a special case as it needs visas. To apply, you need to apply in person at one of these Chinese Visa Application Centres, located in London, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.(Useful links-China Entry RequirementsChina Visa ApplicationChinese Embassy Visa Application informationVisa photo requirements )

Hope you will enjoy your cruise.

btw-check this out.roll call for your sailing

btw-Most Chinese people only speak Simplified Mandarin Chinese-I suggest you check out Duolingo to learn a bit of Mandarin, Thank You in Mandarin is xie xie-谢谢

btw-Spectrum of the Seas is catered for the Chinese, and after a few years for having Singapore(a Majority Chinese country) as its homeport, it is now going to reposition to Shanghai, and your cruise is a repositioning cruise. Do expect some sort of farewell form Singapore, as well as a welcome from Shanghai.