Dining with a guest without a dining package

mi_moore

Hello All,

Couldn't find the answer to this question elsewhere, but I hope that the question isn't foolish on my part. I am planning on buying a dining package for myself on an upcoming Royal Caribbean voyage and I have members of my party that will not be buying said package. If we were to eat together in one reservation how would the cost of the meal be broken up? I can imagine that my dining package does not cover the other party member(s) and that the surcharge for specialty restaurant would be applicable, but in what way is this done? Would we only be charged for the food ordered by whoever did not own the dining package and would they somehow be charged separately from me? Thanks in advance for any help!

9 hours ago, mi_moore said:

Hello All,

Couldn't find the answer to this question elsewhere, but I hope that the question isn't foolish on my part. I am planning on buying a dining package for myself on an upcoming Royal Caribbean voyage and I have members of my party that will not be buying said package. If we were to eat together in one reservation how would the cost of the meal be broken up? I can imagine that my dining package does not cover the other party member(s) and that the surcharge for specialty restaurant would be applicable, but in what way is this done? Would we only be charged for the food ordered by whoever did not own the dining package and would they somehow be charged separately from me? Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to the boards!

At a fixed price restaurant, this is easily handled -- you would receive a zero balance invoice for your meal and the other people would be charged against their own Seapass accounts for their meals. For ala carte spots, you can just discuss with your server about who is eating what. This is a scenario that happens fairly regularly, so the staff will be equipped for it.