Stay Awhile with Luggage

AlexR

We're thinking about purchasing the Stay Awhile on our cruise on Symphony from Barcelona. If we book this, can we take our luggage off the ship (or collect from terminal) and take it to a luggage company (Bags & Go apparently is good in Barcelona) that takes it to the airport and then get back on the ship again?

I can't seem to get a definite answer from Royal Caribbean, they just say check with crew members onboard whether we're able to reboard, but if we need to book this it would be good to get a definite answer from anyone who has done something similar. Any other recommendations to get our luggage to the airport whilst we 'Stay Awhile' would be nice as well 😊

Does anyone know whether any of the activities on Symphony open during this time as well?

I have not done Stay Awhile in Barcelona but I am skeptical you would be allowed to rejoin the ship after getting off.  The only reason I don't completely write it off the possibility is that it is a transporting cruise so they should have some means of allowing passengers continuing onward to Rome back on again, so maybe they could process you back on that way. My guess is they won't want to deal with the hassle and/or restrictions that are imposed by Spain or the specific port would prevent it.

Because the cruise is a transporting one, there should be some activities because passengers continuing on to Rome will still be on the ship, plus they'll have activities for the new passengers boarding in Barcelona.  If you select the current Rome to Rome Symphony itinerary in the app you should be able to get a general sense of the activities that might be available for that day (which would be Day 4).