Chef’s Table “Formal” wear?

Rcf53

Hello, we are booked on a transatlantic cruise and we have decided to reserve chef’s table dining. I noticed that RCL suggests “formal” wear for the occasion. However, after the cruise we are joining a Rick Steve’s tour in Europe and we want to pack very, very light for this trip. I really don’t want to bring a suit or a sports coat with me. Will slacks and a dress shirt with a tie work, or do they really make you wear a suit to the chef’s table?

If I am going to Chefs Table I am absolutely going to wear a jacket.

If I am going to go on a trip and try to blend in with how European I can travel afterwards....I am leaving a bunch of clothes behind on the cruise ship. Jackets, bathing suits,   formalwear, shoes, and likely a large piece of luggage. Disposable to me, but the ship will take them and perhaps hand them out to folks whose luggage did not arrive in time on some future sailing.

As courteous as it is to others to dress appropriately for Chefs Table, it's equally courteous to tell the stateroom attendant of the intentionally left behind items.

Thanks, but I don’t think the answer is to take a throw down jacket and leave it behind. I think I will go with the shirt/tie and maybe a nice cardigan or something. If I offend the chef or fellow guests then maybe they are too easily offended. 😂 

Edit - I found a thread on another board that unanimously agrees a shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes is just fine according to people who have been at RCL Chef’s Tables many times. No need for further responses. Thanks.