bottled water

elly

There is a charge for bottled water that is covered in the beverage packages except for the soda only one.  Otherwise, you can prepurchase several bowttles, buy as you go, or bring your own onboard.  While bringing your own beverages onboard is technically against the rules, I've never been stopped for soda or water.

If you want bottled water you have to buy it.  You can buy it ahead of time and they will leave a pack in your room before you board.  The only problem is that these are huge bottles (double the normal size) so they are not at all easy to carry around on shore excursions, to the pool, next to your bed at night, etc.   We purchase this package every time we cruise, but it irks me to have to do so, and the huge size of the individual bottles irks me as well.   I know some people bring their own crates of water and soft drinks, but I have enough luggage to carry without adding that.

Bottled water was about $3 on Anthem.  It irks me that the water fountains and water dispensers ask that you not refill your cup for the health and safety of all guests, but if you have a soda package, you have to refill your soda cup all week from the dispensers.  I bought 2 bottles of water and kept refilling them from the sink and put them in the fridge in my room to chill.  I'd also just request tap water from the bartenders b/c that's free and perfectly fine to drink.