Best Dolphin Excursion in Cozumel?

CruisingWithKids

Hi everyone! We have decided to do a dolphin excursion on our upcoming trip and I'm having the hardest time trying to pick which one will be the best for us. We have two kids 9 & 11 ( some of the tours have a minimum age of 12) and I think I have it narrowed down between Dolphinaris Cozumel or the Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab National Park. Has anyone done either of these? Pros and cons? Thank you! 🙂

On 1/17/2023 at 7:51 AM, ProverbsHouse said:

My family and I did the VIP dolphin experience at Chankanaab National Park and it had nothing VIP about it.  We spent more time waiting around not knowing what to do than we did with the dolphins.  I would NOT recommend that excursion.  

Thank you for letting me know your experience. That's such a bummer for how much that one costs 😞 After hours of reading reviews we booked with Dolphinaris.

• 9 months later...

If your itinerary also includes Roatan I would strongly suggest you pick to do the one there, at the Roatan Institute of Marine Sciences at Anthony's Key Resort, independently, they no longer are offered directly through the cruise line, but if you book with them directly online in advance it will cost you less than half of what any of the other dolphin encounters will, the only hitch being you have to get yourself there and back from the ship, which is only a $10 taxi ride each way that takes you about 20 minutes to do. It is Far and Away better than either of the other Alternatives, not the least of which reasons why is that it is run by a legitimate Marine Research Institute and is not just a tourist trap.