Falmouth Private Tour

margaritajeff

I have booked a private tour for the family from Falmouth to the Blue Hole and then lunch at Scotchies in Ochos Rios. The company I booked with is one we have used before and is very good. I just noticed on the RC site this message about Falmouth shore excursions:

At the above destinations, all guests may depart the ship and visit the enclosed port area on their own. If they wish to visit further into the island, they must have booked a Royal Caribbean International shore excursion, or participate in a government approved tour. The government approved tours are unaffiliated with Royal Caribbean.

As this is a private tour with a personally created itinerary, does this count as a "government approved tour"? The tour company has no issues with our itinerary and I am not sure why Royal Caribbean would care. Does the Jamaican government make these rules? Does anyone have experience with doing private tours in Falmouth and should I be concerned with taking this tour?

We are on the May 1 sailing of Harmony

Thx