Grenada and St Lucia port stops - government approved tours

Cruiser 007

I am cruising in the Caribbean on Grandeur of the seas in April. 

Under current guideline, some port stops require Royal organised tours -St Vincent and Dominica. 

In Grenada and St Lucia, you are allowed out in the enclosed port area on your own, and you can choose to book government approved tours as opposed to just Royal tours. 

Has anyone managed to organise a government approved tour or taxi on the day at the port area (not pre-organised) ?

I would like to visit a beach and spend the whole day rather than a 3 hour tour which is what Royal is currently offering. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

My wife and I were in Dominica in February on Grandeur. I booked a private tour on Viator and had no issues. The area around the dock is secured and approved tour guides are allowed inside to pickup their guests. Passengers on the ship are not allowed to go out on their own so book something or it will be a long day.
In St. Vincent we booked our excursion through the ship but I think a tour through Viator or TripAdvisor shouldn’t be an issue. In most cases Viator and TripAdvisor give you the ability to send the vendor an email so it should be fairly easy to get clarification concerning St. Vincent.

Safe travels and have fun!