Mrs Hunt

Ali Hunt

Hi Wise Ones

We are travelling from the UK in Feb 2022 to NY for 7 days and then boarding Anthem of the Seas on Mar 6 for 7 nts Bahamas cruise.  So excited as it has been moved numerous times from March 2020 - I work for the health service so in dire need of a holiday and more importantly a cruise!  Can you help us please - how and where could we get a pre-cruise covid test ( I believe it is required) before we board as we will be in Manhattan prior to the cruise.  We are both double vaccinated and also had a booster, Pfizer vaccine so all help and advice greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Thank you for all you are doing during this time. You probably need this more than any of us! 

If you look through some of the posts, you will find some advice. A couple of things that may work:

- Wait until AFTER mid-January and see what the situation is with the Binax Home Tests. You can order via the RC store. However, they are getting rid of old inventory right now and most if not all are expected to expire by the end of this year. So that may be a wait and see in order to find out what is going to happen after the end of the year.

- It looks like most pharmacies are offering COVID tests, but only have a short (48 hour-2 week) time frame in which appointments open for tests. So I would check local pharmacies as you get closer to your cruise and set an appointment

Having said all that, I am not in New York, so I am not sure how easy that is going to be in the city. Good luck and enjoy your well-deserved vacation!