Booking private tour noumea - getting off and on the ship

itsaboutus

Hi All

My husband and I have booked our first cruise for December and I have a question about booking with a private tour operator in Noumea.  Ship arrives at 8am and departs 5pm.  Tour start 8.30 - 9am and returns to port 3pm..

We are staying in a Grand Suite on Legend, BUT lucky me (questionable) I have my in laws also coming on the same cruise who have only booked an oceanview.  Our bookings are not linked.

Am I correct in thinking that because we have booked a suite then we will be lucky enough to get off the ship first?  And roughly how long will this take?  Am I pushing it a little in thinking that I am going to make it to the tour on time especially if we are going to have to wait for my in laws.  And I'm sure to be the worst daughter in law on the planet if we leave them behind.

I could save all the hassle and take one of the ship tours but they seem a little uninspiring.

Any tips would be appreciated.  :)

• 7 years later...

I recently had the pleasure of experiencing the wonders of the Blue River Park in New Caledonia with Toutazimut, and it was an absolute treat. Our guide, Axelle, was an expert in showcasing the park’s natural beauty. She led us through the lush landscapes, revealing hidden waterfalls, and sharing fascinating insights about the flora and fauna. Axelle’s passion for the environment was infectious, and it made the day all the more enjoyable. The highlight of the day was a refreshing swim in a natural pool, surrounded by pristine wilderness. It was an experience that felt like something out of a dream. If you’re planning a trip to Nouméa and want to explore the Blue River Park in all its glory, Toutazimut is the way to go.

You can find more information on their website at https://www.toutazimut.nc/en/product/New-caledonia-noumea-Tour-day%20trip-blue-river-park-4WD-353/.

My visit to the park with Axelle was an absolute highlight of my trip, and I can’t recommend it enough.