Harmony, August 2016

Well based upon your information that is  56 days of sailing in a month that has 31 days, even if you took of 8 days for same start and stopped date it is still 46 days. While I'm sure Mr Fan would love to get 46 days of sailing into a month it is not possible. 

So only one answer here a mistake within the system.

Best guess is that you can either embark in Italy or Spain and then disembark at the other.  Many of the ships do this in the Med.

It would still be only four or four and a half 7 day cruises within the month. Look at this:

Cruise #1 August 1 Spain  end August 7 Italy

Cruise #2 August 7 Italy  end August 14 Spain

Cruise #3 August 14 Spain end August 21 Italy

Cruise #4 August 21 Italy  end Spain August 28

Cruise #5 August 28 Spain end Italy September

Even if you move the days and started the first cruse in July, no way to get 8 cruises of 7 days into a month. 

It would still be only four or four and a half 7 day cruises within the month. Look at this:

Cruise #1 August 1 Spain  end August 7 Italy

Cruise #2 August 7 Italy  end August 14 Spain

Cruise #3 August 14 Spain end August 21 Italy

Cruise #4 August 21 Italy  end Spain August 28

Cruise #5 August 28 Spain end Italy September

Even if you move the days and started the first cruse in July, no way to get 8 cruises of 7 days into a month. 

and if you look, the dates actually overlap... 

7 NIGHT WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE

Leaving from:  Barcelona, Spain 

Onboard:  Harmony of the Seas

August 7,2016; August 14,2016; August 21, 2016; August 28, 2016

Leaving from:  Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 

Departs: August 4, 2016; August 11, 2016; August 18, 2016; August 25, 2016

and if you look, the dates actually overlap... 

Leaving from:  Barcelona, Spain 

August 7,2016; August 14,2016; August 21, 2016; August 28, 2016

Leaving from:  Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 

Departs: August 4, 2016; August 11, 2016; August 18, 2016; August 25, 2016

Like I said it is a error.

Like I said it is a error.

It's not an error.  The ship has two different points of embarkation ports and you do a round trip voyage from either Barcelona or Rome.  This gives passengers more flexibility to board the ship and/or to plan pre- or post-cruise stays.

It's not an error.  The ship has two different points of embarkation ports and you do a round trip voyage from either Barcelona or Rome.  This gives passengers more flexibility to board the ship and/or to plan pre- or post-cruise stays.

Based upon the information the OP stated, it could only be a error as I stated.  Because the poster said "there are 8 sailings listed." If it is 8 sailings then it is a error if it is four sailings with two cruises within each sailing then it is not a error. 

But that said DocLC statement seems to be correct and the reason that the OP made a false assumption about the number of 7 day cruises. 

Based upon the information the OP stated, it could only be a error as I stated.  Because the poster said "there are 8 sailings listed." If it is 8 sailings then it is a error if it is four sailings with two cruises within each sailing then it is not a error. 

But that said DocLC statement seems to be correct and the reason that the OP made a false assumption about the number of 7 day cruises. 

This is something most cruisers wouldn't know as it's fairly unusual.  However, I've had a growing interest in European cruises over the past year, will be going again in July, and have the Independence booked back-to-back next year in Europe, so I've spent a lot of time researching the various itineraries.  That's the only reason I know about the different ports of embarkation.  MSC does this a lot in Europe, too.