Your feedback on Mayan Eden Eco Park, Roatan

GWENSEL

We want to do a half day excursion and RCCL offers this excursion to Mayan Eden Eco Park in Roatan, Honduras.

The highlights of Eco-Park Adventure Tour  include:

Mayan Eden: View ancient Mayan sculptures and encounter native animals like monkeys and toucans while exploring this nature preserve.
Roatan jungle: Follow a guide on foot along forest trails and over a suspension bridge to relish Caribbean Sea views.

Has anyone done it. Is it an interesting experience ?

We did something like this in 2017 coded RTE4.   It is a small park and not many animals, but the experience is up close and personal.  You can touch some animals.  The trail is narrow and goes up and down a couple of ravines as well as across a short hanging bridge.  I loved the vendor who sold painted feathers that were hand-made.  The excursion was inexpensive and I felt we saw real aspects of the island, from poor housing to friendly people.  I believe the 'sculpture" is a single stone pillar but maybe there were more and I've forgotten.  This is not really an archeological excursion.  Overall, I'd say it was authentic and intellectually relaxing.  At the end of the trip we stopped in a village and had time to walk around or grab a coke at a small bar.  We were then taking back to the pier where there was more shopping, if interested.  We aren't repeating this tour on our next cruise.  Instead, we are going to try Maya Key.