Taxi in St. Thomas

KellsBells71

11 hours ago, KellsBells71 said:

Does anyone know the current price of a taxi from the pier or from Skyride to Megan’s Bay?  Trying to figure out what’s more cost effective; doing our own things or taking the RC excursion?  Being Canadian our prices are a lot more. 

St Thomas taxi service website is up and clear about rates etc. A taxi from port (depending on which port/ship) will run $15 to $18 per person each way from port to Megan's Bay. Rates recently went up. That's each way in $USD. What ship and port were you looking at? 

2 hours ago, BennyandBo said:

St Thomas taxi service website is up and clear about rates etc. A taxi from port (depending on which port/ship) will run $15 to $18 per person each way from port to Megan's Bay. Rates recently went up. That's each way in $USD. What ship and port were you looking at? 

I think Crown Bay. 

48 minutes ago, KellsBells71 said:

I think Crown Bay. 

What ship? (Oasis class?). OK, so that would be $15 per person each way to Megan's Bay. So $30 round trip per person. The rates are fixed by the local taxi commission. The charts on website will help with cost to skyride. Which would basically be a ride to the other port.

Royals Megan's Bay excursion use to include transportation, admission, and beach chairs w/umbrella. Possibly a good value with taxi rates having just increased in Oct/Nov. Now the description no longer says chairs and umbrella included. So I myself am unsure whether to do excursion or go it alone. St Thomas taxi website seems easy enough to understand. Again, just remember per person, each way.