Best insurance last minute medical issues

bobm174

My wife and I are brand new to this,  having  never been on a cruise together before. Going on "Navigator Of The Seas" in  August of next year with my wife for the 1st time ever.  Very excited!

One concern I'd like not to worry about is being out a lot of money if my wife or I got sick at the last minute when  just about to board ship.Appreciate any suggestions on travel insurance that  would get a full refund if last minute illness.

Also confused if one gets sick on cruise and restricted to our room do they have policies that cover  such scenarios?

I understand looking at Royal's policy that if you're sick and  show symptoms and diagnosed by a doctor before getting on board  you are covered for a full refund. Does that mean that  If last minute and you're about to board you'd want to go to a doctor locally and get something in writing in order to be covered that you are sick even with something minor like a cold?

If on the off chance you're denied boarding let's say you have a mild fever you weren't even aware of would that be covered under royals travel insurance?

Appreciate any suggestions and feedback.