Royal Caribbean cancels Majesty of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas sailings due to Hurricane Irma
Royal Caribbean announced it has cancelled two sailings due to the forecasted path of Hurricane Irma.
The September 8th sailings of Majesty of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas are now cancelled. Royal Caribbean emphasized the decision was made with the safety and comfort of our guests and crew in mind.
Guests scheduled to sail on either sailing will be 100% refunded to the original form of payment, and we are also offering a 25% future cruise credit, based on the cruise fare, if a new cruise is booked in the next 30 days. Guests with questions can call 1-800-256-6649.
Royal Caribbean provided additional information on other sailings that may be potentially affected by Hurricane Irma.
The following sailings are departing as scheduled:
- Adventure of the Seas: September 9 Southern Caribbean cruise
- Grandeur of the Seas: September 7 New England/Canada cruise
- Liberty of the Seas: September 10 Western Caribbean cruise
- Serenade of the Seas: September 10 New England/Canada cruise
- Vision of the Seas: September 7 New England/Canada cruise
The following sailings are currently being evaluated and we will provide our next update at 6 PM EDT:
- Allure of the Seas: September 10 Western Caribbean cruise
- Anthem of the Seas: September 9 Bermuda cruise
- Empress of the Seas: September 9 Cuba cruise
- Harmony of the Seas: September 9 Eastern Caribbean cruise
- Oasis of the Seas: September 10 Eastern Caribbean cruise
Hurricane Irma is a category 5 hurricane with sustained winds around the center at 180 mph and is currently located about 225 miles east of Antigua. The storm continues its westerly track at 14 mph. While it is difficult to predict the path of the storm outside of 72 hours, it is likely that Irma will impact Florida at some point this weekend.