Hurricane Irma forces Royal Caribbean to delay ship returns and cancels another sailing
Royal Caribbean announced a new batch of itinerary changes and even a cancellation due to Hurricane Irma.
The September 9th sailing of Empress of the Seas is now cancelled, which joins the September 8th sailings of Majesty of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas announced earlier today.
Moreover, Royal Caribbean announced delays for a return for a few other ships. Oasis of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will be delayed returning to their homeport until the storm passes.
"Due to the unpredictability of the storm, we plan to keep all of our guests currently sailing on these ships safely out of harm’s way, " Royal Caribbean said in a statement.
As a result of the delayed return, the following sailings are being modified:
- Allure of the Seas: September 10 Western Caribbean cruise
- The new departure date will be on Wednesday, 9/13 and we will sail a 4-night itinerary to Nassau, Bahamas.
- Harmony of the Seas: September 9 Eastern Caribbean cruise
- The new departure date will be on Tuesday, 9/12 and we will sail a 4-night itinerary to Cozumel, Mexico.
- Oasis of the Seas: September 10 Eastern Caribbean cruise
- The new departure date will now be on Tuesday, 9/12 and we will sail a 5-night itinerary to Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico.
The following sailings are departing as scheduled:
- Adventure of the Seas: September 9 Southern Caribbean cruise
- Grandeur of the Seas: September 7 New England/Canada cruise
- Liberty of the Seas: September 10 Western Caribbean cruise
- Serenade of the Seas: September 10 New England/Canada cruise
- Vision of the Seas: September 7 New England/Canada cruise
The following sailing is still being evaluated and Royal Caribbean will provide further details in the 11 AM EDT update:
- Anthem of the Seas: September 9 Bermuda cruise