Royal Up program

Jill

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2018 at 7:57 AM, accio7 said:

Royal Caribbean sent me an email last night for my cruise aboard Adventure in nine days time:

5c479c5596cba62f66713bfeae1a16a3.thumb.png.4a5a6a3b04d7117bd8a2fa3d979b8a3e.png 

625d78a794a069b96ab112793b216a76.thumb.png.952dac9d713c77db04cc53a95b0e13e4.png

Pricing is in Canadian dollars.

Did you get any of your bids...I'm sitting with one pending on 19 May out of Amsterdam....keeping our fingers crossed

1 hour ago, Krbesq said:

I sailed two cruises in April.  I upgraded both through Royal Up.  On one, I was upgraded to a JS.  Maybe the rules changed, but I did get double C&A points.  I

Welcome to the message boards!

That's interesting feedback because there is a Royal FAQ that specifically states otherwise.  

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for feedback from anyone who has bid an been awarded the upgrade

of their choice? We are sailing Allure on May 19th actually getting married and have 10 other staterooms booked as well! Now in Crown LoftSuite 1746 very happy with

it but we thought a couple of the additional upgrades from sky to star might be worth the 2200 bid. Before this we have always sailed ocean balcony.

10 hours ago, JSHEA said:

Looking for feedback from anyone who has bid an been awarded the upgrade

of their choice? We are sailing Allure on May 19th actually getting married and have 10 other staterooms booked as well! Now in Crown LoftSuite 1746 very happy with

it but we thought a couple of the additional upgrades from sky to star might be worth the 2200 bid. Before this we have always sailed ocean balcony.

Gratz on getting married - i'm assuming on board?  ?  If it's available to jump from sky to star with a bid, you would want to compare the price different on things thing you are going to pay extra for between the two classes.  For 4 of us between sky and star, it was stuff like the dinning plan, voom, water bottle package and maybe one or two other things.  That cuts the 'difference' between the two classes down some.  I will warn you, IF you do the star class, you will be completely spoiled - lol.  With star, you will get a genie that will take care of you and spoil you - which might not be a bad thing for your wedding.

Thank you for your feedback and response! We are getting married onboard the Allure on 5/23 traveling with20 members of our family as well. The bid is 1100 and with the free drink package and dining things we would have paid extra for doesn’t seem like a bad deal at all. The one thing I keep going back to is the bathrooms in the crown loft were so much better then the 2bdrm aqua theater suite. We spent a substantial amount on out cabin selection to start with because it was our wedding. Normally we sail ocean view balcony. Totally agree the Star class would be an awesome experience.

Ok, just tossing this out as a reference in case it helps.  On 4/26/19, got an email from the RoyalUp program for our cruise on Anthem (9-nights) sailing on 6/6/19 (~41 days out) 

We are in the Owner's Loft and got offered to upgrade to the Royal Loft Suite for STARTING AT $1,200 pp

image.png.d2530dab384b762af212485754d84a15.png

Once you click the 'SEE' button, you get this screen

image.thumb.png.51a60e7e395b46364e50f56d61f6e185.png

When moving the slider - it STARTS at the $1,200 and goes up to the $2k mark. 

image.png.437407590b55ddcd9a0bfc3450ec68d3.png

( the slider increments by $10 )

We have 4 people in our room (2 adults / 2 kids), but here it seems to only be wanting to charge us for 2 guests.  So, IF I continued and won the bid at $1,450 pp then I would be charged an extra $2,900 to upgrade our current suite to the Royal Loft Suite. 

There's a 'continue' at the bottom but if I want to cruise next year, I need to restrain from clicking it ?  (oh, and wifey said don't touch it) lol

image.png

Quick question on royal up.

I would assume they make their choices purely on what nets them the most additional money right?  Hypothetically if I paid $2000 for an inside and someone paid $3000 for an oceanview and we both bid on a balcony upgrade but I bid $300 over his $250 I would get the room right even though the other person paid more in total.  I would assume original room and original cost have no effect on who gets what right?

I imagine this was answered before but I didn't see it.

2 minutes ago, ShakeDownCruise said:

Quick question on royal up.

I would assume they make their choices purely on what nets them the most additional money right?  Hypothetically if I paid $2000 for an inside and someone paid $3000 for an oceanview and we both bid on a balcony upgrade but I bid $300 over his $250 I would get the room right even though the other person paid more in total.  I would assume original room and original cost have no effect on who gets what right?

I imagine this was answered before but I didn't see it.

They probably have a very proprietary algorithm to figure out what would end up being the best bottom line for the cruiseline. 

You also can take into consideration the bids on that oceanview that would be freed up...if there was someone who had an inside that was bidding $100 for that oceanview..if they took the $250 balcony bid then they could also get another $100 for that oceanview for a total of $350.