Sky Class - differs ship to ship?

AlohaLivin

I’m sure this may have been asked, if so I apolgize, but I could not locate the answer. Since we are newer to sailing RCL, I don’t want to guess at what is correct.

My understanding was the all full suites were now “sky” or “Royal” class and that was regardless of type. But I see a few blogs/articles referring to these as if it is only for the Oasis class and so I need to clarify (since I will be past unhappy if I have put that much money into cabins without reasonable perks ? ). I realize there is no separate restaurant on the Grandeur and Adnveture for suites guest and that’s fine. But the idea that it is remotely possible that we won’t have Voom for each of us has me spinning a hole in the floor. After all, a big room is great, but not worth the cost without some extras! 

So we have a full suite that to my knowledge are “Sky Class” (at least full suites, but not Royal level) on each on upcoming cruises, can someone help me with what perks come with those so I can be clear (and not look like a liar to my sister since I just added her to our Nov ‘19 cruise!). Thanks... going to sleep off this worry now ??

Lynn

The Suite Class program only applies to Quantum and Oasis Class ships.  They have indicated, in the past, that they intend to export this concept to other ship classes, but right now, only the Q and O Class ships have the Suite Class amenities. 

Having said that, the full suites (Grand Suite and above) on the other classes are not without perks !  While these smaller Class ships do not have a dedicated suites restaurant, most do offer a complimentary suites breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants (usually Chops or Giovanni’s).  It’s definitely a more relaxed atmosphere (which is really all you’re getting with a suites restaurant).  For ships with a Suites Lounge (as opposed to a Concierge Lounge), admission to the Lounge is limited to those in full suites and Pinnacle Club members.  Again, this is the same clientele that are permitted in the Suites Lounge on the Q and O Class ships.

One perk offered by the Suites Class ships that is not offered on the smaller ships is complimentary Voom.  To be honest, the only perks that you would not get on the smaller ships, that you DO get on the Q and O Class are a lounge that operates 11AM-11PM and complimentary Voom. Also, the smaller ships can’t match the views from the Suites Lounge/restaurant on the O Class ships.

There are many full suites perks that are shared by both the larger and smaller ships but I think you were interested in knowing how they are different.

IMHO, suites are not as worth it if not sailing in an Oasis or Quantum class ship.  The lack of complimentary VOOM is my major gripe too.  We still book it because we like the space and the double points.  The trade off is that suites are slightly lower in price on your non-O/Q class ships.  Here is a letter from the concierge for a full suite that I have booked on Navigator this summer.  I assume it will be similar for your Adventure booking:

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation. 

My name is ___ your Concierge onboard. I am available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation. My hours in the Concierge 
Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. 

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience, 
here is a brief summary of those services: 

·        Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 9 aft.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard. 
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom. 
·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am 
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. 
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. 
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine. 
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ). 
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open). 
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc. 
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early. 
·        Arrangements for private parties. 
·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions). 
·        Business services such as copies, etc. 
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent). 
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance). 

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card. 

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). 
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent 
or guardian at all times. 

Please come and see me in the Concierge Lounge or contact me by dialing 8903 from any vessel’s phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation 
more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Navigator of the Seas. 

Best Regards, 

@WAAAYTOOO and

@Lovetocruise2002. Disappointing to discover that fact. RCL isn’t great about being clear on these issues and there is tons of old and wrong info about that is makes it twice as confusing. Frustrating to have two sailings (Adventure and Grandeur) with this downside of pay for Voom (and it’s definitely a downside, for us it reduces the value of a suite by a good slice!). But I also understand the value and unique benefits of smaller ship (one of my favorite ships of all time is the NCL Jewel, although admittedly in the Haven). But I will make the best of it - I didn’t survive 14 years of higher education / training and being widowed at the age of 34 being a wuss and giving up easily, but sometimes you do have to twist your mind around to make that happen (thankfully usually in much smaller ways that I had to do in the past). 

Thanks ??

Lynn

This exact question was asked of Royal's CEO during this year's President's cruise in the Q&A session.  His response was simple.  The pricing of a suite on any given ship is based on the benefits that are included.  Could they include Voom on non-Sky/Star Suite-class ships?  Sure, but the price would go up, so in the and what have you accomplished?  You pay for it one way or the other.  It's not 'free' on ships with Sky/Star class, you still paid for it. 

When you book a suite you can very easily see the perks included when booking on that ship.  No where has Royal tried to elude that smaller ships have Sea/Sky/Star class.  They've not tried to pretend that a full suite on Grandeur includes a restaurant dedicated to suite guests and they have not tried to pretend that it includes Voom.  

To be fair, they never said Grandeur or Adventure has Sky class.  That was an assumption you made.  

On 11/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, melski94 said:

Here are the benefits of the Suites program for non O/Q class ships:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

On 11/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

IMHO, suites are not as worth it if not sailing in an Oasis or Quantum class ship.  The lack of complimentary VOOM is my major gripe too.  We still book it because we like the space and the double points.  The trade off is that suites are slightly lower in price on your non-O/Q class ships.  Here is a letter from the concierge for a full suite that I have booked on Navigator this summer.  I assume it will be similar for your Adventure booking:

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation. 

My name is ___ your Concierge onboard. I am available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation. My hours in the Concierge 

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience, 

·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am 
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. 
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. 
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ). 
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open). 
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc. 
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early. 
·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions). 
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance). 

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card. 

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). 
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent 

Please come and see me in the Concierge Lounge or contact me by dialing 8903 from any vessel’s phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation 
more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Navigator of the Seas. 

Best Regards, 

@melski94 and @Lovetocruise2002 Thank you so much for posting  your replies. Okay, so I've compared the letter from the concierge to the list on the website for suite benefits. The one thing that I noticed missing from the letter is the reservations for galley tours, ship tours, Etc. Is the concierge not offering to make those reservation anymore? And, it looks like the website shows those tours as being complementary for Grand Suite and above guests. Is that also not the case anymore? During the Black Friday Mayhem event, I booked the All Access Tour. After going to the website and seeing the suite benefits I'm not so sure I needed to book the tour in the CP in the first place.

16 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@melski94 and @Lovetocruise2002 Thank you so much for posting  your replies. Okay, so I've compared the letter from the concierge to the list on the website for suite benefits. The one thing that I noticed missing from the letter is the reservations for galley tours, ship tours, Etc. Is the concierge not offering to make those reservation anymore? And, it looks like the website shows those tours as being complementary for Grand Suite and above guests. Is that also not the case anymore? During the Black Friday Mayhem event, I booked the All Access Tour. After going to the website and seeing the suite benefits I'm not so sure I needed to book the tour in the CP in the first place.

I am not aware of tours being complimentary for suite guests. As far as I know, those tours are only complimentary for D+ members and Star Class guests.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Dear Suite Guest,

Best Regards, 

Lovetocruise2002, by any chance do you still have the email address for the concierge?  I need to contact them for my cruise on the 16th.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:10 PM, Baked Alaska said:

The one thing that I noticed missing from the letter is the reservations for galley tours, ship tours, Etc. Is the concierge not offering to make those reservation anymore? And, it looks like the website shows those tours as being complementary for Grand Suite and above guests.

On Freedom in October we were in a Grand Suite, we only asked for a Bridge tour from the concierge at the beginning of the week, and she acted like it was a big secret, but she was able to get it set up for the last sea day, there were 8-10 of us, all suite guest. 

12 hours ago, ladydiinflorida said:

NV_Concierge@rccl.com.  It is probably still Nadja.  She was the suites concierge on our Thanksgiving cruise.  Feel free to contact her but realize that she will be contacting you any day now.

If your saying your cruise is on December 16th, I would go ahead and contact the Concierge, they should have sent you an email on 12/2. I was in a Grand suite on Liberty in July, received my email exactly 2 weeks before. I was on Freedom in October, never received an email, I wasn't concerned because I knew what it covered and I didn't have any special needs. 

When I got on Freedom I had a question for the Concierge, so we went to the lounge to ask, the Concierge told me that information should have been in her email, I told her I never received and email, she pulled up her message in her sent box and sure enough my name was on the distribution. She told me that her on ship IT department had been blocking some addresses that they thought were not real.

My point is that at this point it doesn't hurt to ask. Send the Concierge and email.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:48 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent). 

@Lovetocruise2002 , this is the only thing I don't remember getting on either the Liberty or Freedom, other than the Top Tier event, who knows I probably missed it...

38 days to Star class on Allure.

26 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 , this is the only thing I don't remember getting on either the Liberty or Freedom, other than the Top Tier event, who knows I probably missed it...

38 days to Star class on Allure.

Navigator, in August, will be my first time in a full suite that is non-OA class, so not sure on that one.  There was an invite on the OA class cruises that we have taken.