Are people having a good experience with Luggage Valet?

Gisser

Had a not so great experience with it last year but it was probably just a fluke based on our individual circumstance.  We filled out all of the paperwork and got our luggage valet tags. However, one member of my  party was in the process of being upgraded through Delta the day before disembarkation, so the customer service rep for luggage valet could not check him into his flight (something about the seat assignment being "pending").  Because they couldn't check him in, he couldn't participate in luggage valet. We said no problem, we'll just put the bags under a person in our party who WAS checked in and had a seat.  Guest relations confirmed we could do this.  For some reason, attendants on the ship took the bags from the hallway the night before disembarkation, but luggage valet didn't take them to the airport.  After leaving the port and while en route to the airport, we got a call from a rep stating the bags were still at the port.  I

Royal ended up shipping the luggage back to us a few days later, at their expense.  So, slight inconvenience but not the end of the world.  I'm still not entirely sure how a seat upgrade thwarted this process, but just something to keep in mind if anyone in your party is usually upgraded.  

I have used the Luggage Valet twice, once in Port Canaveral and also in Miami. Well worth the money!!. Set my luggage outside our state room night before and picked it up at baggage claim when I returned home. Not having to find your luggage after getting off the ship and dragging them around until you drop them off at check in at the airpot makes it well worth it. IMHO

Have used it several times and love it!  From reading above posts, you need to follow the instructions exactly regarding whether you qualify to do it.  Also make sure you put BOTH the printed airline luggage tags AND the brightly colored "luggage valet" tags on your bag.  That has to increase your chances of getting your bags to the right place.  We have had no problem with it in 3 times from Port Canaveral and Port Everglades.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:50 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Hopefully it is still $25pp plus your airline checked baggage fees.  This service includes Royal printing out your boarding passes for you.

It was free for suite guests on the Allure, and we really loved not having to deal with the luggage that morning - any idea if it’s the same on other smaller ships like the Grandeur or Adventure?

8 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

It was free for suite guests on the Allure, and we really loved not having to deal with the luggage that morning - any idea if it’s the same on other smaller ships like the Grandeur or Adventure?

Yes.  Complimentary for GS and above guests.  I don't know about the smaller ships.  I have only done LV on Oasis class.

I don't think LV's availability is a function of the ship size.  It is dependent on whether or not the port and the airport have an agreement.  It used to be more widespread than it is now.  For a while there it stopped altogether but now just a few ports are back in the LV biz.  I think the big 3 in FL and maybe Seattle ?

Twice on Serenade out of Port Everglades and they didn't go out of their way to offer LV to non-suite guests.  I had early flights both times so I wasn't eligible but I only learned they offered it when I saw a suite guest with the form in hand heading into the concierge lounge.  Otherwise they made no mention of it. 

My last Serenade cruise a few weeks ago was in a JS and no form provided.  I wasn't eligible due to early flights so it didn't matter.  Simply an observation.

Here on Oasis in a JS and the LV form arrived on day 2 plus you can enroll using your cabin TV.  I'm eligible this time so I'm definitely doing it.  It'll be $25 for a JS guest but I get free bags with Delta so I won't have to pay the per bag airline fee on top of that.  There is spot on the form to note why your don't have to pay airline baggage fees.  

4 minutes ago, Brobbins246 said:

Do you think this would be offered for porting back into Miami, and flights home from Ft. Lauderdale?  I'm guessing that might be too great of a distance but curious.

No.  Someone asked this on another thread last week.  LV out of Miami (if offered) is only for flights out of MIA.