Wonderland on Symphony?

Al Horner

First, is Wonderland included in the 4 night specialty dining package? When you look at a Wonderland menu, you see all sorts of strange things that are both interesting and worrisome. Is the food real or do you leave and then go look for a hotdog because you never actually ate anything of substance? Does the food taste good? I'd like to try it out but I want to make sure it really is a meal.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Many rave about the food but we are pretty simple eaters and found the food weird.  We would not go again.

I would have to agree with this one.  Definitely go once for the experience.  That being said, we just grabbed the UDP on for Symphony (couldn't pass it up for $152pp) and I think I can convince Hubby to give it one more try.

You need to be a seafood lover to fully enjoy Wonderland, as about 80% of the menu is some form of seafood dish (lobster, tuna, crab, branzino, etc.). Apart from that, don't be put off by stuff sounding or looking weird. I had some worries about it myself as it sounded like it was some kind of molecular gastronomy place, but honestly the food is normal things you'd have in fancy restaurants that's just made to look a little different or presented in an unusual way.

Do you like deviled eggs? You'll get that as one appetizer, just covered in a glass half-globe that's filled with smoke to impart some extra flavor.

Do you like sushi? One of the apps is just tuna sashimi served inside a hollowed out lime with some cracker-like things on the side to scoop the tuna onto.

If you like lobster, you'll be fine with the "liquid lobster", which is just a lump of tail meat on a really big spoon filled with some nicely flavored beef broth.

And definitely don't worry about leaving hungry. You each get a set of five or six small appetizers, plus an entree (usually one more entree than there are people at your table, as all the entrees are meant to be shared), plus three desserts for the table to share (maybe more if you have a big party). And since you are on Symphony, you'll also be able to enjoy the signature cocktails from the in-restaurant bar.

We went to Wonderland twice (Harmony and Symphony) at Symphony we used the BOGO for it. Both times we enjoyed it very much although on the second time we already knew what we are going to get and all the "surprises" like the dessert were less wow.

For sure I would recommend it at least one time as an experience, the short rib is very good , some of the starters are enjoyable and interesting some less but the overall is good. Will we go again , well not in the near future as we have more restaurants to  experience first (like 150 C which we did not tried yet).  

31 minutes ago, l9dance said:

Wonderland on Symphony is amazing and the mad hattter is to best in the fleet!

Sound cool. Wish I could go to it but it is yet another specialty restaurant that is amazingly not vegetarian friendly ? . Maybe one day they will have a more inclusive menu.