Current Black Friday Sale

mschmitt

Booked through a travel agent for our next cruise.  Royal Caribbean website is showing the fare to be $1107 cheaper under the current sale.  Confirmed we are looking at same sailing, same category, same deck the only difference I can find is the cruise is now 6 months away so the non-refundable deposit is in play.  Travel agent is not responding to email request to see if current sale is applicable to our booking.  Are we missing something??  Any advice?  I know we can't contact Royal directly because it is a travel agency booking.  Travel agency is well known and specializes in Royal.

Thanks 

19 minutes ago, mschmitt said:

Booked through a travel agent for our next cruise.  Royal Caribbean website is showing the fare to be $1107 cheaper under the current sale.  Confirmed we are looking at same sailing, same category, same deck the only difference I can find is the cruise is now 6 months away so the non-refundable deposit is in play.  Travel agent is not responding to email request to see if current sale is applicable to our booking.  Are we missing something??  Any advice?  I know we can't contact Royal directly because it is a travel agency booking.  Travel agency is well known and specializes in Royal.

Thanks 

It shouldn't matter if the NRD is play.  As long as you live in North America, and you are outside of final payment, you should be able to get a re-price.  You may lose booking incentives, such as OBC etc., but if the base fare drops, you should be able to be re-price.  You can contact Royal.  They will not discuss the numbers with you when you are booked through an agent, but if you are persistent enough, they should be able to look up your reservation and tell you if you are eligible to get money back.  I have done this before.  You will still have to contact your agent to re-price it though.  But at least you will have peace of mind knowing if you do or don't.

36 minutes ago, mschmitt said:

Thanks 

If we still have not heard from the travel agent could we ourselves just book with Royal for the same saling for the discounted price and cancel with our travel agent

33 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

As long as you booked with a refundable deposit I don’t see why this wouldn’t work.

Agree with @WAAAYTOOO.  That would work if your original booking was refundable.