One bag placed in front of wrong room...other missing?

TheaFromCDA

Hi Guys,

I am currently on the Nov 24-Dec 1 sailing on Symphony...right after @Matt‘s group cruise which i sadly missed out on. 

I know it is fairly early on and the missing bag may show up...I am just concerned that the bag that was found...I found in front of room number 290 when my room is at 326...

I know it may have been put in the naughty room but the fact the other was placed incorrectly concerns me. Has anyone ever had it that their bag was placed 15 -20 staterooms away from their cabin? And if one was dropped off but the other has gone missing?

Bags don't always get dropped off at the same time.  And for your bag that did arrive, perhaps they did place it wrong or perhaps they just did not have a chance to take it down the hall yet.  would not be overly concerned at this point.  After sail away, if it still has not arrived, I would ask your stateroom attendant.  They are pretty good about locating bags.  And if it did go to the "naughty room", you would receive a notice.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Bags don't always get dropped off at the same time.  And for your bag that did arrive, perhaps they did place it wrong or perhaps they just did not have a chance to take it down the hall yet.  would not be overly concerned at this point.  After sail away, if it still has not arrived, I would ask your stateroom attendant.  They are pretty good about locating bags.  And if it did go to the "naughty room", you would receive a notice.

Awesome thanks...the only reason I spotted mine all the way down the hall is its a pretty vibrant shade of blue and all the other bags in front of the other staterooms had been taken by their owners... the bag just looked like so sad sitting by itself..then I realized it also looked familiar lol 

I’ll check after sail away as recommended! 

14 hours ago, mworkman said:

That's a loooonggg sailing ?

LMAO. Wow must’ve been wishful thinking on my part. Sadly I don’t think I can afford it ?.

and yes... their errant bag turned up a couple of hours later. Mine turned up around 2pm down the hall...his turned up around 5pm in front of our room ?

basically it just affirms the advice Matt gives on that What to put in your carry-on advice about what to keep with you at all times

First time this has happened for us-our bags were delivered promptly but three days into the cruise (Jewel-Oct24-Nov.5) we got a notice in our room that some bags were still not delivered to some guests so please check our bags to make sure we didn't have them by accident. I can't imagine keeping the wrong bags for three days but maybe it does happen. Never heard the outcome.

I sailed the Thanksgiving cruise on Symphony..my room was 8734 and my bag was found in the hallway by 8620.  Not terribly far but none of the bags by that door were even for room 8620.  It was like they were all dumped there (across from a crew service door) and forgotten.

Kicker is that I was Star Class.  My entire party's bags went on a cart that was not sent with the regular luggage.  All the other bags ended up in the room except for the one I found down the hallway. 

Another bonus..we had a bag from someone on floor 6 in our room with the rest of our luggage.  No clue how that would have happened.  

It's quite common for bags to initially be delivered to the general area.   The crew who are moving them from the lower decks just move them to the correct general area.  They are moving hundreds of bags so they can't take the time to move each bag to its final cabin.   

Later the cabin attendants will move them closer but they are busy on boarding day so that may not happen right away.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

We disembarked from a RCCL Greek Isles cruise August 13, 2023.  Our luggage was placed outside our stateroom the night prior to disembarking, as instructed by cruise line .  
We had 4 suitcases tagged outside the room, and upon leaving the ship at our final destination, only 2 suitcases had made it off the ship by the time we needed to catch our transfer bus to the airport.  
Cruise staff assured us that we would be contacted after completing a Lost Personal Property report, and that was 6 weeks ago.  
Royal Caribbean not only did not reach out to us, but after multiple attempts to get a status update of our luggage and several emails we were told to contact RCCL guest services for help. It was obvious to us early on in this process that we might not get our luggage back, as each time we called or emailed RCCL,  we spoke with a new representative that wasn’t fully aware of our situation. 
The process has been extremely frustrating, we feel like we are getting nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

if we are missing a bag, we will wonder the hallway and look for them.

We go look for our bags before they're delivered anyway, lol. We usually find them in the staging area by the crew elevator or wherever they come up and just wheel them ourselves (one roller each). We like to get unpacked ASAP so we can get on with the cruise.