LABADEE

themillennialcruiser

The on the water cabanas are truly right on the water. Each one has a stairway going right into the water, so you never have to walk across the beach or through any crowds. The regular cabana is set back from the water a bit, so you have some beach to use if you want and you have to walk a short distance to go swimming.

For only two people, I think a cabana is overkill. Those are sized and priced where I think you need at least a party of four to get the best use and value. Bungalow is much more reasonably priced, and gives you most of the perks of the cabanas.

Not @betatke1480 but I agree that the bungalow is fantastic and well worth the money.  We've done it twice with Harmony and Independence and will do it again in March.  On Harmony, Columbus Cove (the free part) was packed. Having a nice private area including the beach section of the bungalows made a relaxing beach day.  Nice sandy beach, no problem enjoying the ocean.  Very close to the food, bar service.  The only tip would be to arrive early as then you will have your choice of bungalow.  That being said, I don't think there is a "bad" bungalow.

1 hour ago, MominCanada said:

betatke1480, any tips for the beach bungalow/your favourite part?

Get off the boat right away and grab one of the golf cart drivers that are waiting on the other side of the buildings at the end of the pier.  They are free, throw them $5 and they will drive you to the bungalows.  When you get to the bungalow area to check in, if you have a drink package, throw each attendant $10 and tell them to let you know when the bar area is setup.  Last time were were there 4 of us were drinking beer and they brought a cooler full beers to our bungalow without us asking.  For the other two people that were with us, they kept their drinks full as well.  We brought a blue tooth speaker with us to play quietly, the weather was perfect, it was a great day.  The lunch area and bathrooms are right behind the bungalows, and if you have kids, the aqua park and water slide are nearby as well.  For the trip back to the ship, if you can't catch a golf cart, the tram loading area is close too.      

I get a bungalow every time I am at Labadee, they are well worth it in my opinion.      

1 hour ago, MominCanada said:

betatke1480, any tips for the beach bungalow/your favourite part?

We took the water taxi from the pier over to Columbus Cove.  It's a short walk to the bungalows from there.  The beach next to the bungalows was very busy, but the bungalows had a very nice beach, and plenty of room per bungalow so that you don't feel crowded.  As @melski94 said, it's very close to the bar, food at lunch, and the bathrooms.  Also very close to the tram stop to get back to the ship after the day is over.  We had a Cabana in CocoCay and a bungalow in Labadee, and I preferred the bungalow.  

I also agree that I don't think there is a bad bungalow if you don't get there early.  

Seems like the bungalows are more popular in this thread but I had a quick follow up question:

In the comparison of the bungalow vs the beach lounger for two deal, the bungalow states that it is $250 total (not per person).  The lounger is listed at $45, but it doesn't state specifically if that is $45 PER person for the 2 loungers or total.  I would assume since it is a lounger FOR two, the price would be total.  If its 45pp, for my group of 4, it would make almost more sense to just do the bungalow since that would average to $62.50pp anyway and its more room and more private w/your own attendant. 

We all have the deluxe drink package as it is, so no other costs that day.  I've read things can get a bit crowded on Labadee, so I wanted to be sure we had a nice spot no matter what to hang and have fun. Thanks for any insight, want to have all my ducks in a row before I present the idea to the group.

49 minutes ago, Kyle_cardinalsfan51 said:

In the comparison of the bungalow vs the beach lounger for two deal, the bungalow states that it is $250 total (not per person).  The lounger is listed at $45, but it doesn't state specifically if that is $45 PER person for the 2 loungers or total.  I would assume since it is a lounger FOR two, the price would be total.  If its 45pp, for my group of 4, it would make almost more sense to just do the bungalow since that would average to $62.50pp anyway and its more room and more private w/your own attendant. 

IIRC, all of these options -- loungers, beach bed, bungalow, and cabana -- are based on one person buying them and then indicating who else in his/her party will be using it. So if you need a total of four then you only need two people to buy them, total cost $90.

That said, I still think that with a party of four or more, going the bungalow or cabana route is much better in spite of the higher cost. You have guaranteed shade, the cabanas actually have a ceiling fan installed to keep you cool on a hot day, and the attendant taking care of you just makes it a nicely indulgent beach day. Now, if you think you'll spend 90% of your time away from the place and hanging out in the water or doing other things, then the loungers may be more than enough.

Cool thanks @JLMoran ! I had figured that was the case for the loungers. I couldn't imagine charging $45 per person, but since the bungalows stated it specifically was a group rate I wanted to be sure. I agree for an extra $15/pp, the bungalow seems to be a great deal to have more area, shade, privacy, and personal attendant for all needs/drinks.  Thanks for the info, I'll bring it to the group and see which way they want to go.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been trying to decide what we would do - we had a cabana with two friends last Oct, but thought it was overpriced for what we received (including the relatively short time we were there).  With it just being the two of us in May, we are trying to decide if we wanted to try the bungalow or beds. Has anyone tried either while staying in a suite? If I am remembering correctly, there are only various types of cabanas at Barefoot beach.  So is it a matter of having to choose between the relative privacy and increased lunch options at barefoot beach or enjoying a bungalow/beach bed?  I am leaning toward a clam shell since we stay in the water snorkeling or walk around (with relatively little time on a lounge chair), but my sister will be with us next Nov so I am also looking forward. ?‍?‍?

Unless things have changed, Barefoot only has cabanas and loungers.  Cabanas are nice if you have a group or if you have little ones but they are truly a waste of money for just Dan and me.  Since the sun is a no-no for me and that long pier walk is prohibitive, we now just stay on the ship at Labadee.  I do like Columbus Cove though.  If they made me get off the ship, that is probably where I would go.