Website crash?

Black Friday will likely bring the highest load on their website of any day all year.

I worked at a company that hosted the website for a major retailer.  No one was allowed to take vacation this week and it was all hands be ready to jump in and assist.  The volume of website traffic on this day was incredible. 

If will taper off after lunch, pick up again after dinner but not as bad as right now and be fine over the weekend.  Monday will see a spike but not as big as right now.  If they can get through the next few hours they can start to relax.  

4 hours ago, tiny260 said:

@Baked Alaska , it's really busy today, I was trying all morning to get checked out, bought my package, entered my information and CC and it just sat there, finely around 10:30 or 11 it went right through, so keep trying.

Hi @tiny260! Yes yes yes!! Persistence definitely paid off today!! I was able to reprice my 2020 Alaska cruise and save $200 (zapped a $100 OBC from Royal, but I'll take the money up front). For my 2019 Alaska sailing, by rebooking CP purchases, we saved (refunded) a little over $375. Included in that was repricing shore excursions, cancelling the 5 night dining package at $105 and replacing it with the Ultimate dining package at $126/pp. The additional amount will cover a sea day lunch, plus another sea day lunch. Also, a few days prior we were able to reprice the refreshment package from $26 to $17 (from initial booking of $18). And VOOM S&S 3 Device had dropped by $50 (from the week charge) slowly over the last few weeks, with this week coming in at $24.99/pp/pd. I admit that I was more than pessimistic about the announced sales this week, however, I prefer to eat my crow with lemon juice and capers and will admit it: All in all a good week's worth of sales! ?

I tried to check the price for the Nov 23, 2019 on Adventure, but in the middle of doing that the cabin disappeared! Of course it did that on a few cabins, even at a heavy load looks like they could keep the coding from blowing things up entirely.

So, are there any options reducing prices when the cabin booked is one that has a small number available (or even 1 of only 2 on a ship, like the panoramic suite we have for this sailing)?? I am concerned that the answer is that I am out of luck ? But I know if there is a chance, you veteran price checkers know what and how!!!  ???

Lynn

33 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

I tried to check the price for the Nov 23, 2019 on Adventure, but in the middle of doing that the cabin disappeared! Of course it did that on a few cabins, even at a heavy load looks like they could keep the coding from blowing things up entirely.

So, are there any options reducing prices when the cabin booked is one that has a small number available (or even 1 of only 2 on a ship, like the panoramic suite we have for this sailing)?? I am concerned that the answer is that I am out of luck ? But I know if there is a chance, you veteran price checkers know what and how!!!  ???

Lynn

Yes.  You can still re-price if the cabin is gone.  Basically, if I am booked in a suite, I track all suite prices from JS and above.  If any of the suite prices drop, I call and check on my "sold out" suite category for a similar drop.  I have gotten money back several times this way (as long as you are outside of final payment).

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes.  You can still re-price if the cabin is gone.  Basically, if I am booked in a suite, I track all suite prices from JS and above.  If any of the suite prices drop, I call and check on my "sold out" suite category for a similar drop.  I have gotten money back several times this way (as long as you are outside of final payment).

I just knew that you would know and also that you would be willing to share as always ??? Thanks so much! ??‍♀️

Lynn