4 Night Dining Package -- Restaurant Selection

DunkelBierJay

So, I booked the 4 night dining package and applied on board credit bringing the net cost down to $22 for a cruise on Symphony next year. There is currently no option to select restaurants. Is this something to stay on top of as the cruise gets closer, or would I have success booking high demand restaurants like Wonderland when we board?

I also understand that Izumi hibatchi is not part of any package and needs to be booked separately...how soon in everyone's experience does this appear? I booked it six months in advance on Allure and still got an undesirable reservation time.

With the dining packages you make all your reservations once you are on the ship.  Most report having little to no issue as long as they do it right after boarding but sometimes you have to be flexible on your dining times.  That's the trade off for getting the lower price on specialty dining.  If you absolutely must dine at a certain restaurant at a certain time, you'll have to book at full price once the restaurants are available to book.

40 minutes ago, CruisinUngs said:

Has there always been a 4 night dining package? I’ve never heard of it so curious. Thanks!

Not on 3 night cruises ? 

It isn't always listed.  Neither are BOGO or FNDR.  Like many things Royal seems to make them available for certain sailings but not others.  

The general verbiage for dining packages mentions 3,4 & 5 night.