Are the kids clubs strict about age?

Kfitz59

7 hours ago, Kfitz59 said:

We are cruising with 4 kids of varying ages from 13-16. can they stay together in the kids clubs or will the older ones have to separate from the younger ones?

They are all age appropriate for the teen club which is 12 and older. My daughter will be 12 a week after we return from our cruise and is asking if she can go to the teen disco. We have a decision to make, she’s really mature for her age but older kids can talk about and do things we are not comfortable with. 

Sometime they are strict, sometimes they will let it go if ages are close.

Not sure if there is a "rules bases" approach to getting an exception made, ours was always to ask nicely and politely, when it was quiet, not in the middle of the scrum of everyone trying to get registered, etc. and be prepared to be told no.

At your age range 13-16, they will be in the teen club.  During busy times (school breaks) the teen club will be broken down into 12-14 and 15-17. Many teens will use it strictly as a meeting place then wander the ship in their new groups.  Your teens may already have a group so no need for the teen club but you may still want to encourage them to try it the first night. 

12 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

They are all age appropriate for the teen club which is 12 and older. My daughter will be 12 a week after we return from our cruise and is asking if she can go to the teen disco. We have a decision to make, she’s really mature for her age but older kids can talk about and do things we are not comfortable with. 

If during a school break they may not let her in the teen club.  My son has had his birthday a week after our cruise when he was both 11 and 14 and he wasn’t allowed in either time (14 to the older teen group).   However these were spring break cruises with tons of kids and so they were very strict on ages.  The past couple of cruises the teens have had to get wristbands to go to the parties. All that being said, RC is consistently inconsistent with their rules so it could be different for you. 

15 hours ago, melski94 said:

If during a school break they may not let her in the teen club.  My son has had his birthday a week after our cruise when he was both 11 and 14 and he wasn’t allowed in either time (14 to the older teen group).   However these were spring break cruises with tons of kids and so they were very strict on ages.  The past couple of cruises the teens have had to get wristbands to go to the parties. All that being said, RC is consistently inconsistent with their rules so it could be different for you. 

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know the teen club was so regimented, I just figured it was a meeting place with the occasional activity. My 11 year old is my oldest so this is new ground for us.