Black Friday & Cyber Monday: Information please

brianastree

31 minutes ago, Vanessa77 said:

Sales started for Australia. https://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/come-seek/pcp-sale

I am slightly underwhelmed. Most frequent discount is just 5%.

I think that is an old sale - says ends Nov 13th..

Celebrity Cruises has started their sale - $25 deposits + save up to $800 + free drinks. Hoping for something similar from RCL.

Ultimate dining is discounted on every sailing I have booked within 12 months.  

Normally UDP is $24 per day except Harmony and Symphony where it's $29 per day.

Today it's $18 per day except Harmony and Symphony where it's just under $22 per day.  

Considering Izumi is now fixed price and $50 that makes the UDP look pretty attractive.  

2 hours ago, Firemanswife2 said:

The only discount I'm finding so far for Oasis OTS, March 3, 2019 is Ultimate Dining Pkg $126pp. It's been $168pp for a while. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That seems like a very good price to me !

Ditto, that is about the best you are going to get, I watched all summer for a cruise I was taking on Freedom and it never varied, $168.

I've got a weird one on one of my cruises next year, Harmony, October of 2019, Ultimate dinning, the banner says it is $29 per night, the price at the bottom says it is $152, that's a weird number of $21.71 per night. I bought it at the $152/PP to lock it in, no additional stipulations that I can see reading the fine print.

At the banner price of $29 it should be $209.

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

I've got a weird one on one of my cruises next year, Harmony, October of 2019, Ultimate dinning, the banner says it is $29 per night, the price at the bottom says it is $152, that's a weird number of $21.71 per night. I bought it at the $152/PP to lock it in, no additional stipulations that I can see reading the fine print.

At the banner price of $29 it should be $209.

Harmony and Symphony have a standard UDP price of $29 per day.  All other ships I've seen are $24 per day UDP standard.

The graphics for all of them state the standard price.  The $21.71 you are seeing is the Thanksgiving sale price.  For other ships it's $18 per day today.  Basically 25% off today.  

So I have done a little more digging on the UDP for Grandeur Christmas.  Yesterday’s price (first time it’s ever been offered) was $288 PP.  Today it is priced at $216 PP. I hope Michelle can make switch for us. I don’t dare try and do it from here (still on NAV with its abysmal Voom). The UDP is advertised as “no restrictions” but when you go to the T & C, there is a note that says the pkg is not good on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, NYE or NY Day at Chops, Giovanni’s or 150 Central Park. SO it’s a bit sneaky, IMO but still a good value. Looks like we’ll be eating some holiday meals at Izumi !  We’ll just pretend we’re in that final scene of A Christmas Story.

Ok, so I am clear, - can I assume that these Black Friday prices would not apply to previously booked sailing since the small print states these prices apply to cruises reseved between dates for a few day period around Thanksgiving (and thus there is no use calling to try to reduce the cost of a cruise for next year we reserved weeks ago)?

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it ?

Personally, I think it’s going to be very difficult for a ship’s crew to ascertain when a specific dining pkg was purchased or what the restrictions or limitations of each might be. My guess is that they will treat a dining pkg as a dining pkg and, with the possible exception of Christmas and NY, they will all be honored equally. Am I willing to bet my tummy on it ?  Dunno.  Maybe. 

BTW, just a note. dan and I went to Johnny Rockets today to claim our complimentary milk shakes and there was a big raucous when they tried to charge me $5.95 each. Apparently, NAV did NOT get the memo that you can get your milkshakes without paying the dining fee.  I made quite a scene (not really) but the manager finally relented and removed the charges and off we went. I was perfectly willing to leave without my complimentary milkshakes but didn’t have to do that, thankfully. 

1 hour ago, Susie said:

At sea on Anthem OTS not good Internet. Anyone see good cruise for leaving April 13 or 14 . I can book onboard. A little bit rockys seaday today on Anthem OTS. Everything cancel. Our I-Fly and we will rock you cancel. Even internet is wonky.

The site has been virtually impossible to reach even from land - once you arrive, it’s past impossible to actually be able to look at availability. We were  trying to use the day off we had to take a look at some options and it has been insane (we have fastest available connection, of course there are a lot of people trying to reach it for the HUGE drop from the 60% off the second cruiser and 300 obc to 60% off second cruiser and 300 extra off ?

Lynn