Black Friday Sales - offered worldwide?

Vanessa77

Hi All,

I am heading off for my first cruise in December 2019 to the South Pacific  on Voyager of the Seas.

I've been doing a crazy amount of research to learn everything I can, and saw that there are often Cruise Planner sales, and that there may be one coming up on Black Friday.

While we don't have Thanksgiving here in Australia, retailers do have Black Friday promotions, so my question is, when these Black Friday sales happen (or any cruise planner sale for that matter), are they offered world wide? 

I'm looking to purchase a Drinks Package, however at the current price of $86.00 (apx 62 USD), it's a bit expensive.

Thanks!

Most countries have Black Friday sales now even if Thanksgiving is not celebrated. Black Friday is definitely a thing in Canada, the UK, and Mexico. And I think it’s a think in China, and Singapore. And of course you mentioned Australia. Not sure about other countries in Europe. I would imagine that Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines will have deals in your country. Of course I can’t promise anything, but I would definitely check this Friday and the weekend.

Welcome to the boards and I hope you love your cruise. I sailed on Voyager of the Seas back in 2004 out of New Jersey.

Have you thought about re-booking the cruise as they are now offering free deluxe beverage package on those sailings?

Depending on the original price you booked the cruise for it may or may not work out cheaper that way but it's worth a look.

I am assuming it's a 9 night South Pacific so you're looking around $774 for the deluxe beverage package. If your original cruise fare is not $774 less than the current fare they are offering you could potentially make some significant savings by re-booking the cruise with the current deal.

Hi @mattymay, we did look at this but they are only offering this for a balcony room. So combining this room upgrade with the fact that prices over all have gone up for this cruise since we booked several months ago (it's a Christmas sailing), it would be more expensive to cancel and re-book unfortunately. 

26 minutes ago, June May said:

Got an email this morning advertising sale prices on drink packages, dining packages etc - so yes, the Black Friday sale does apply here in Australia. May not be exactly the same deals as offered in the US, but there are some savings to be had!

Oh dang i didn’t get an email! The drink prices did drop today though so I wonder if that is the final sale price or if Black Friday sales are on top of that. Nothing else looks to have dropped in price however.