Perfect Day Cabanas

Doing some pre-black Friday sale research and I have a question on the cabanas. (I don't think a definitive answer can be given since they don't exist yet but looking for thoughts). 

Reading the cabana descriptions they talk about having an attendant restocking the cabana with complimentary water and then have a statement "keep yourself fueled up for adventures with complimentary food, drinks and beverages from the nearby Snack Shack" … anyone have any thoughts on what the complimentary drinks and beverages are? I would be stunned if they are a full bar menu but curious if anyone has seen anything about the Snack Shack and what its meant to offer.

For 8 people in a cabana if it does include drinks that's a heck of a deal ….

As an aside .. holy mother of beverage packages … the Deluxe Package for the Mariner 3 day runs to Perfect Day are now $63 a day AFTER 20% discount …. that implies $79 list price ?!?!??!? Thank god for Diamond drinks or I might have to take out a home equity line just to get a buzz. Really curious to see if that gets a discount for Black Friday … almost feels like it got jacked up today just to be discount later this week … cant imagine that happening ?

9 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

The 4-day deluxe package on Mariner for my Feb sailing is $52 after 20% discount.  They must charge more the shorter the cruise.  The price for my June Alaskan cruise is $50.

Alternatively i dont think it is Perfect Day branded until May so maybe its a premium if you want to visit Perfect Day instead of just regular CocoCay

17 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Doing some pre-black Friday sale research and I have a question on the cabanas. (I don't think a definitive answer can be given since they don't exist yet but looking for thoughts). 

Reading the cabana descriptions they talk about having an attendant restocking the cabana with complimentary water and then have a statement "keep yourself fueled up for adventures with complimentary food, drinks and beverages from the nearby Snack Shack" … anyone have any thoughts on what the complimentary drinks and beverages are? I would be stunned if they are a full bar menu but curious if anyone has seen anything about the Snack Shack and what its meant to offer.

Additional research indicates that Snack Shack is complimentary for all guests, so whatever the snacks, drinks and beverages are they must look a lot like … water, iced tea and lemonade would be my guess.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:11 PM, jticarruthers said:

As an aside .. holy mother of beverage packages … the Deluxe Package for the Mariner 3 day runs to Perfect Day are now $63 a day AFTER 20% discount …. that implies $79 list price ?!?!??!? Thank god for Diamond drinks or I might have to take out a home equity line just to get a buzz. Really curious to see if that gets a discount for Black Friday … almost feels like it got jacked up today just to be discount later this week … cant imagine that happening ?

So price went down, bought the package at $52 dont think i will break even but my wife will and its more convenient and its only a three day so screw it.

I hate the BS scam way that RCL does the pricing on these things though ... the deluxe was "20% off onboard price" at $63/day, do the math and its $79 list price on board, now today it is 25% off due to the BOGO 50% off (calculated as 25% off each package per the fine print) but its down to $52, which implies $69 list price instead .... it works in my favor but it just drives me crazy that it really is all completely BS and they charge whatever they want while randomly making up marketing statements that sound great.

Not singling out RCL since it happens at all kinds of other businesses too, just singling them out since this is a board focused on them and i have an example specific to them.

Ultimately doesnt matter im sure i will enjoy the cruise and prepaid drinks too, just miss the days when i could actually track along and see that a sale was really a sale.

Just now, jticarruthers said:

So price went down, bought the package at $52 dont think i will break even but my wife will and its more convenient and its only a three day so screw it.

I hate the BS scam way that RCL does the pricing on these things though ... the deluxe was "20% off onboard price" at $63/day, do the math and its $79 list price on board, now today it is 25% off due to the BOGO 50% off (calculated as 25% off each package per the fine print) but its down to $52, which implies $69 list price instead .... it works in my favor but it just drives me crazy that it really is all completely BS and they charge whatever they want while randomly making up marketing statements that sound great.

Not singling out RCL since it happens at all kinds of other businesses too, just singling them out since this is a board focused on them and i have an example specific to them.

Ultimately doesnt matter im sure i will enjoy the cruise and prepaid drinks too, just miss the days when i could actually track along and see that a sale was really a sale.

Hey wait i figured it out ...

$79 *.9 = 70.875 (granting the 10% "buy before you sail discount")

70.875 *.75 = $53 (giving the 25% BOGO discount).

Apologies to RCL accounting team - you can do math.

Insult to RCL marketing team - WTF are you advertising a BOGO 70% off sale as a BOGO 50% off sale for ... more people are going to jump on it if you advertise it the first way. Not only are you using stupid BS painful marketing techniques but you cant even do it right !

Mariner deluxe beverage package pricing is pretty unusual.  I thought it was $63 on board in September (plus 18% gratuity) but that was a 4 night cruise.

It seems that Royal factors drink fatigue into the deluxe package pricing now.  Short cruises cost more per day for deluxe, even on Brilliance and Indy.  My assumption is those 3 night weekend cruises see a lot of alcohol consumption so they raise the deluxe price to keep it profitable for them  

On 11/19/2018 at 5:44 PM, jticarruthers said:

My experience is with the "Ocean View Deluxe Cabanas" a few weeks ago:

• There will be 4 bottles of Evian water (1 liter plastic bottles) in a cooler with ice.  These are included in the rental price and the attendant stocks these before you arrive, but they are not unlimited.
  • There is a private bar and private lunch buffet for people in the cabana area. 
  • You can walk over to the private bar to order a drink or ask one of the cabana attendants to get drinks for you.  The bar drinks are charged separately on your seapass card, but if you have a drink package it can be used on Coco Cay.
  • The private buffet is complementary and was very nice.
  • The buffet lunch included complementary iced tea, lemonade, and water.
  • There are a maximum of six guests per cabana, per the Cruise Planner.

Note: as soon as you board the ship on Day 1 you should go to the Shore Excursions desk and tell them you have reserved a Cabana.  They will have you pick out your cabana location on a first come first served basis.  That way you don't have to rush off the ship to try to get the best location.

12 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

Note: as soon as you board the ship on Day 1 you should go to the Shore Excursions desk and tell them you have reserved a Cabana.  They will have you pick out your cabana location on a first come first served basis.  That way you don't have to rush off the ship to try to get the best location.

This is our 1st time doing the cabana.  We also have the dining package.  Thus, if I am reading your post correctly as soon as we board the ship, I will need to go to shore excursions while my hubby at the same time will need to hit Chops so we can get the best (cabana and dining times).  

How long of a line is it for the Shore Excursions when you get on board?   I know it depends on the time and the ship, let's say 11:00 embarkation.  The ship is Adventure in July.  So if I show up at noon,  will I get the very last one since I have been told there are only 14 for Chill Island ?

7 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

This is our 1st time doing the cabana.  We also have the dining package.  Thus, if I am reading your post correctly as soon as we board the ship, I will need to go to shore excursions while my hubby at the same time will need to hit Chops so we can get the best (cabana and dining times).  

How long of a line is it for the Shore Excursions when you get on board?   I know it depends on the time and the ship, let's say 11:00 embarkation.  The ship is Adventure in July.  So if I show up at noon,  will I get the very last one since I have been told there are only 14 for Chill Island ?

We didn't know to go to Shore Excursions until we got to our cabin just after 1:00 pm and the ticket for our cabana was there.  It had a note with the instructions to go to Shore Excursions to pick out our cabana.  So we got there around 1:30 pm or so.  Shore Excursions was not crowded at all, but there were already 3-4 of the cabanas taken out of the 12 or so total available.  

Yes, I would go to both places as soon as you board.  It only took me a minute to do the Shore Excursions selection.  They were very helpful.  The good specialty dining times fill up quickly unless you want to eat at 8:30!

1 hour ago, wforrey said:

Someone mentioned that they were given snorkel equipment with their cabana. Steve, did you get this with your rental? I have one booked, and I appreciate your information! I'm most excited for this day!

Yes! Snorkel equipment is included in the Coco Cay Cabanas.  Towels and snorkel equipment were offered to us when we checked in at the cabana area.  We declined the snorkel equipment because we just wanted to relax on the beach.  They offered to let us use as many towels as we needed. 

The Cabana was as described on the Cruise Planner website: Your ocean view cabana is furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs , a sofa, and amenities that include a deluxe lunch buffet, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, towels and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment. 

You will have a great time on Coco Cay!  We loved it!

IMG_0037.thumb.JPG.aa68fc494a53435bc8feb61ea62e49c1.JPG

IMG_0033.thumb.JPG.6a77081b8447afee8e5b3a784a349bdf.JPG

I just looked at the details of my cabana (Chill Island)  It states jet ski and snorkel excursions are nearby.  Nothing about the mats either.   It states the same regarding towels, sofa, chaise lounge,  usb port with speakers for music, attendant and chill gill, plus also a self serve beer station (if you have the bev pkg).  Maybe they have changed it for 2019 sailings especially since they now have the Oasis and Thrill cabanas.

I am just glad we booked the cabana as soon as we booked the cruise back in Oct. bc we got it for 449, and even on Black Friday/Cyber Monday it is at 674.  I have seen it go as high as 1249, and hovering at 849 for weeks now.  

Coco Cay is our favorite stop.  The water is gorgeous.  If RCCL ever opened a hotel there as an all inclusive I would do it in a heartbeat.   My only complaint is I wish they would stay until 6 or 7, but my guess is it has to do either with the tides, or those that work on the island. 

I am confused about the “cabanas” that are near the pool area.  They don’t look like any of the other cabanas (on Coco Cay or Labadee). They look like palapas or big tents to me !  They don’t appear to have any hard sides/walls to them so I would be wary of how much shade they are really going to provide.

Now...the over the water cabanas appear to be traditional cabanas with hard walls but the ones near the pool are suspect, to me.

I agree that the ones at Thrill (waterpark)   look more like a tent or a palapa, but than again I think what they are showing are artist renditions.  I also think that they may tend to end up looking like the rendition.  IMPO, each part of the NEW Coco Cay areas are aimed to specific types of clients/passengers.  Thrill has no thrill to me.  I am 53 and did that with my kids, decades ago.  I have a grandbaby and maybe in 5 yrs when we take them with us I will book that cabana for the grandbaby to enjoy the day at the waterpark/pool.  Oasis looks cool to me, but for my hubby and I we like the feeling of sand in our toes, and that appears to feel more like it is artificial/landlocked from the artists rendition.  I also think that it is more for the 30's generation.  I like the Chill bc it feels exactly like that.  Out of the way, laying on a lounger and hearing the water lap up against the beach as I see nothing but the beautiful water in front of me..  

FYI, when I booked back in Oct.  all 3 were the same price, cost was not an issue.  It all came down to what we wanted to do the most during our day at Coco Cay.  

On 11/19/2018 at 7:11 PM, jticarruthers said:

Which is why I have been asking people what fits the allowed list - I have all of 1-2 drinks day max, I figure that I have already paid for them in a suite so I am not about to buy any (when I care so little about drinking anyway and would pass it if it cost me much LOL). Someone I knew said “well you are spending x on a suite, you won’t pay for a drink?” I said that is how I pay for a suite, I don’t toss my money overboard or pay for something when I can get essentially the same thing free ? I love RCL, but the included drinks for many cabins on NCL I miss when I sail RCL. 

On your Cabana question - we were invited to share a beach one with some friends. But I can’t see there being more than 6 in one and then you will be moving carefully. They had water, nothing more - snacks and drinks were nearby, but it was the same for all suites guest on,the beach (they didn’t have separate snacks for us - and without a drink package there are no drinks). They offer floats, 2 for sure - but truthfully that water floats you without any assistance (saltiest water ever)! ? Have fun regardless!!!

Lynn