drink price increase "on sale"????

Baked Alaska

I was checking the cruise planner for our Alaska Southbound 2019 July sailing. Up until yesterday, the refreshment package was $18. Today it is $26. I had reserved it at the $18/day rate (so yes, purchase when you can afford to), but now I'm wondering about the Black Friday "sales". Are they going to put it on "sale" back to the $18/day price or will they be honorable and really put it on sale? 

I have found that $18 was always the "sale price" when  you were looking it must of been on sale and you just didn't realize or it was Royal's lovely IT issues. The real price was always $26 so good thing you booked for $18 because its not going to get lower than $18. Infact it is supposed to be going up for 2019 so you really got a good deal. 

One interesting note is how they bundle the deluxe package with VOOM.

One my currently booked sailing on Symphony--

Separate

• Deluxe -- $52.00
  • VOOM Surf and Stream -- $12.99
  • Total -- $64.99

Bundled (Deluxe with VOOM Surf and Stream) -- $66.00

So, we get to pay them another $7.00 for the convenience of buying it bundled over the course of the cruise...annoying...gotta check everything...

#therearenorealsales

On 11/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, AGSLC5 said:

I have found that $18 was always the "sale price" when  you were looking it must of been on sale and you just didn't realize or it was Royal's lovely IT issues. The real price was always $26 so good thing you booked for $18 because its not going to get lower than $18. Infact it is supposed to be going up for 2019 so you really got a good deal. 

The "thing" is, is that the refreshment package has been priced at $18/pp/pd ever since we booked, back in April 2018 for this July 2019 sailing. I'd venture to say that the sale price for black Friday will be back to the price that I've been seeing for over 6 months, now. 

15 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

The "thing" is, is that the refreshment package has been priced at $18/pp/pd ever since we booked, back in April 2018 for this July 2019 sailing. I'd venture to say that the sale price for black Friday will be back to the price that I've been seeing for over 6 months, now. 

4 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

Refreshment Package for my April 2019 sailing is $20/day during the Labour Day sale.     

I've been watching the refreshment package on and off all year (2018) for different cruises, Liberty in July and Freedom in October, the price was bouncing between $18 and $26 dollars all year, sometimes the $26 was showing as a sale price and the $18 was showing as normal. I bought at the $18.

I have since started watching prices in 2019, Allure in January, Anthem in July and Harmony in October, all have showed only the $26 with no discount documented, so I'm hoping on either black Friday or Cyber Monday they put them on sale.

21 hours ago, twangster said:

It takes about 3 minutes to do it on line.  That's $340 per hour! ?

your math is wrong. it works out to $0.425 per hour. and if you go further it is $0.007 per min so if it takes 3 min it would be a savings of only $0.02125. again not worth my time. not to mention it takes 3-4 days to get the credit back to my CC and then you have to add the interest for those days. :)