Allure - Specialty Dining

kuruczpa

Hey everyone,

I am sailing on the Allure of the Seas in Feb 2020 and am very excited as this is going to be our first cruise. It's a 7 night cruise and I think we are going to try to book the 3 night dining package. What are the top 3 (or top 5) specialty dining restaurants on Allure? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

49 minutes ago, kuruczpa said:

Thanks for the suggestions - is there an online menu of the specialty restaurants? I'm not quite sure what each of the restaurants have to offer.

Go to the main Blog page and there is a link at the top for "Menus" they may be dated but should be relatively close as to the offerings.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:28 PM, kuruczpa said:

Hey everyone,

I am sailing on the Allure of the Seas in Feb 2020 and am very excited as this is going to be our first cruise. It's a 7 night cruise and I think we are going to try to book the 3 night dining package. What are the top 3 (or top 5) specialty dining restaurants on Allure? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

We did Chops and Giovanni's twice back in October.  We had a great experience with Giovannis and a terrible experience with Chops.  Both the food and the service were awful.   And not, " I ordered Medium Rare and got Medium bad" but a steak that was tough and not very flavorful and chicken that was dry and rubbery.   Others rave about it and you may have a good experience, but it apparently can go off the rails completely.  

On 11/28/2018 at 12:23 PM, mbk999 said:

We did Chops and Giovanni's twice back in October.  We had a great experience with Giovannis and a terrible experience with Chops.  Both the food and the service were awful.   And not, " I ordered Medium Rare and got Medium bad" but a steak that was tough and not very flavorful and chicken that was dry and rubbery.   Others rave about it and you may have a good experience, but it apparently can go off the rails completely.  

Thanks for the feedback.

I had an additional question: can you order multiple apps and desserts as well as 1 main? i.e. is it all included in the fee you pay to purchase the specialty dining package?

1 hour ago, kuruczpa said:

I had an additional question: can you order multiple apps and desserts as well as 1 main? i.e. is it all included in the fee you pay to purchase the specialty dining package?

Yes, typically you can order as many apps and sides as you want but just 1 main courses.  Don't know what the official position is for desserts but I don't think they care if you have more than 1 dessert.

Giovanni's will usually allow you to have more than 1 main course as it is a "family style" menu.  This is especially true if you have a larger group of people.