Transfer booking from RC website to a travel agent?

kuruczpa

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have booked our first cruise sailing on Allure in Feb 2020 (way in advance, I know) and are thinking of transferring our booking from the RC website to a local cruise travel agent here in Canada (Expedia Cruise ship centers). I'm wondering if anyone here has done that and what perks have come along with it (i.e. discounts, additional OBC, making life easier, etc). My local agent said he can give us an additional $50 USD in OBC.

Thanks in advance for any tips and help regarding this topic!

12 minutes ago, kuruczpa said:

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have booked our first cruise sailing on Allure in Feb 2020 (way in advance, I know) and are thinking of transferring our booking from the RC website to a local cruise travel agent here in Canada (Expedia Cruise ship centers). I'm wondering if anyone here has done that and what perks have come along with it (i.e. discounts, additional OBC, making life easier, etc). My local agent said he can give us an additional $50 USD in OBC.

Thanks in advance for any tips and help regarding this topic!

I would check with MEI who sponsors this site. Many people have wonderful things to say about them. Always shop around.

If you book with MEI before 11/18 you get gratuities paid for the first two in each cabin. On a 5 night cruise that's $145 per cabin.... I don't know if you get the same deal on a transfer. I have booked 3 cruises with Michelle ([email protected]) and gotten free gratuities each time AND it doesn't impact OBC from RCCL.

22 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

If you book with MEI before 11/18 you get gratuities paid for the first two in each cabin. On a 5 night cruise that's $145 per cabin.... I don't know if you get the same deal on a transfer. I have booked 3 cruises with Michelle ([email protected]) and gotten free gratuities each time AND it doesn't impact OBC from RCCL.

I reached out to them. Unfortunately that deal says it's for new bookings only between Nov 1 and Nov 18 that sail by Dec 2019. Hopefully they get back to me soon regarding any other possible offers! 

Is there anything else that the TA's can do for you that you guys like?

23 hours ago, kuruczpa said:

If I transfer my cruise to a TA, will I lose the on-board credit that RC has given me by booking via their website?

Thanks

I don't see any reason you should lose your OBC just for going through a TA..  All my cruises have been through TA's and was never effected. 

The #1 reason you should transfer your booking to a TA is not money, but for the service.  A good travel agent is someone who will make your life easier throughout the booking process and in the months leading up to your cruise.  They are there to assist in the event of questions, problems or changes.

I do think it's a good idea to transfer the booking you have to a travel agent.  Just be sure to speak with them to understand how they will handle your reservation and ensure there are no change fees for servicing your reservation (most don't, but a few do unfortunately).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, Matt said:

The #1 reason you should transfer your booking to a TA is not money, but for the service.  A good travel agent is someone who will make your life easier throughout the booking process and in the months leading up to your cruise.  They are there to assist in the event of questions, problems or changes.

I do think it's a good idea to transfer the booking you have to a travel agent.  Just be sure to speak with them to understand how they will handle your reservation and ensure there are no change fees for servicing your reservation (most don't, but a few do unfortunately).

Well you convinced me!  Transferred my Alaska 2020 cruise to Danette over at MEI last night. I normally like to do the leg work myself but with this cruise being so far out thought it might be easier to let a pro monitor the sales etc.

21 hours ago, jce2 said:

Well you convinced me!  Transferred my Alaska 2020 cruise to Danette over at MEI last night. I normally like to do the leg work myself but with this cruise being so far out thought it might be easier to let a pro monitor the sales etc.

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!